设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:
万维读者网 > 美国移民 > 帖子
如何符合H-4配偶要求工作许可(EAD)要求?
送交者: Peter93 2015年03月01日12:03:33 于 [美国移民] 发送悄悄话

How to Qualify the H-4 Spouse Requirement for Work Permit (EAD)?

Question:

I knew the H-4 spouse rule for Work Permit. But how to qualify for the requirement of "H-1B status extension beyond 6-years"?

Answer:

One eligibility of Employment Authorization (EAD) for H-4 visa spouse is based on the Form I-140 approval by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), It is required that the H-1B spouse is the beneficiary of an approved immigrant petition based of I-140 Form.

The approved I-140 petition for the H-1B visa holder can be in any employment-based category, such as employment-based first preference (EB1), second preference (EB2), or third preference (EB3) categories. With an approved USCIS Form I-140 for H-1B visa holder, there is not other requirements from USCIS, such as how much time the H1B worker or H-4 spouse have spent in U.S., or how lang the I-140 petition has been approved.

Another eligibility of Employment Authorization (EAD) for H-4 visa spouse is based on the H-1B spouse's status extension beyond 6-years. If the H-1B visa holder has obtained an H-1B extension beyond the 6-year limit, based on the AC-21 rule, the H-4 spouse is also eligible to apply for an Employment Authorization. The AC-21 rule allows some H-1B visa holders to extend their status beyond the 6-year standard limit in one-year increments.:

•First, an H-1B worker can extend the visa if the worker is the beneficiary of an approved Form I-140 immigrant petition, and cannot file an Form I-485 Green Card application because the worker's priority date is not current.

•Second, an H-1B worker can extend the visa if a U.S. employer filed a Labor Certification application (a PERM) or an I-140 petition on the worker's behalf prior to the beginning of the 6-year in H-1B status, as long as that application/petition is still pending, and is at least 365 days prior to the end of the sixth year of H1B status.

The eligibility for these one-year extensions is based on the H-1B spouse being the beneficiary of either a PERM labor certification (PERM) application or an Form I-140 immigrant petition that was filed at least 365 days prior to the end of the 6-year of H-1B status. It is not necessary for the PERM Labor Certification or the Form I-140 to have been approved to extend their status beyond the 6-year standard limit in one-year increments. But, it is necessary for either the PERM Labor Certification or I-140 to still be pending, meaning not having received a final denial or revocation decision.

http://www.greencardapply.com/question/question15/H4-Work-Permit_030215.htm
http://www.greencardapply.com/h1b.htm

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖