设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:
万维读者网 > 美国移民 > 帖子
Limited CSPA Coverage for K-2 Child before 21 Birt
送交者: Peter93 2016年08月13日13:54:17 于 [美国移民] 发送悄悄话

Question:

I was in the K-2 status before, and will reach 21 birthday soon. Can I get Green Card without leaving the United States using CSPA protection?

Answer:

A K-2 child does not generally have a Form I-130 petition for alien relative filed by the U.S. citizen, which is required in order for Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) provisions to be applicable. Therefore, a K-2 child cannot utilize the CSPA when seeking to adjust status. Thus, a K-2 child may only seek Form I-485 adjustment before reaching the 21st birthday, and must adjust prior to his/her 21st birthday.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) may accept a Form I-130 application filed by the U.S. citizen based on a parent-child relationship between the U.S. citizen and the K-2 child. For example, when the U.S. citizen has married the K-1 alien, and the K-2 child was not yet 18 years old at that time. In this situation, the K-2 child is considered the step-child of the U.S. citizen under the law. This will allow an alien child who once was in a K-2 status to adjust on the basis of being an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen, and allow the K-2 child to utilize the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) when seeking adjustment of status - not age out while the Form I-485 application is pending. Exercising this CSPA option will require: 

An existing parent-child relationship between the U.S. citizen petitioner and the K-2 child;

Filing of Form I-130 prior to the K-2 child's 21st birthday;

Submitting all required documentation and paying the required fees associated with Forms I-130 and I-485.

http://www.greencardfamily.com/question/question2016/K2_Child_CSPA_080716.htm

http://www.greencardfamily.com/index.htm

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖