设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:
万维读者网 > 美国移民 > 帖子
On the road
送交者: jingchen 2019年07月17日22:31:04 于 [美国移民] 发送悄悄话

We went to Palouse Fall. The road was completely empty. There was not even a single oncoming car. I wonder if I drive on the wrong road. I pulled off the car and checked the map. It was right.

Palouse Fall area was pretty magnificent with all the deep canyons. I read the introduction about the formation of the canyons. The canyon rocks are basalt. With the movement of the earth’s crust, some basalt formed cracks or became weakened, often along some fault lines. When water washed along those fault lines, deep canyons formed as a result.

Then we drove to Boise, Idaho. We stopped by the state capitol building. There were some statues and parks around the building. One statue was Steunenberg, an Idaho governor at 1900. He was assassinated in 1905 by labor union for taking a tough stand against union movement as a governor. This reminds us a time when domestic politics was very confrontational and violent.

I also learned that River of No Return was made in Idaho. From a small segment from the movie, we might have a glimpse of the Idaho rivers.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QCbECNhSPII

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2014: 美国社会安全号有什么用? 史上最详细