设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:无极
万维读者网 > 史地人物 > 帖子
中国地方检察官驳回了一名中国律师谢杨的不实报道
送交者: 咚咚咚 2017年03月02日02:03:57 于 [史地人物] 发送悄悄话

Local prosecutors in south China’s Hunan Province have dismissed reports that a Chinese lawyer, Xie Yang, was “tortured in detention,” denouncing them as untrue in a state media investigation that revealed that previous claims were based on fabricated information.

44-year-old Xie was detained in July 2015 on charges of subversion and disrupting court proceedings. Reports of him “suffering after being beaten and having sleep deprivation” began to surface outside China last October, alleging that Xie was beaten up so badly during custody by security forces that “he had to call in medics himself.”

"I'm in good health. I exercise most of the time," Xie said, clarifying the alleged mistreatment during an interview with China Central Television (CCTV) reporters last Monday, adding that he had called the ambulance because his body “was trembling for no reason.”

“I'm usually in good shape. So when the trembling happened, I panicked," Xie told CCTV.

"Our investigation confirms that the reported torture did not happen," Yang Zhongping, a prosecutor with Hunan Provincial People’s Procuratorate (HPPP), told the CCTV reporter.

According to the CCTV investigation, the HPPP set up an independent investigatory team on January 13 to look into the torture reports before coming into the conclusion.

Xie said that he has been well looked after in the detention center.

The television investigation revealed that the international media outlets that reported on the “torture” were fed with “made-up facts” by another lawyer, Jiang Tianyong, who tried to seek public attention in an attempt to influence Xie’s case.

"Let me put this straight. I made up those reports. I'm the source of the rumor," Jiang came forward.

According to local investigators, 46-year-old Jiang was a lawyer based in Beijing and was caught using a fake ID to buy rail tickets in November. Jiang told reporters that he approached Xie's wife and told her to fabricate her husband’s torture stories.

"I got all the details from all kinds of online materials. All in all, we cannot say the torture is non-existent in the world. People know this kind of stories. I made up the stories bit by bit, and publicized them as if they were Xie Yang's experience," Jiang admitted.

"If I appear often on media, especially foreign media, it would be easier for the institutes abroad to know me. If foreign institutes want to get something done, they would be more likely to approach me," Jiang added during the CCTV investigation.

Xie remains behind bars and Jiang has also been arrested.

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2016: 生物学上的隔父遗传和蒙古人的初夜权
2016: 河南开封5名犹太人后裔 移民以色列,中