设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
川普发公告庆祝哥伦布日
送交者: 溪谷闲人 2017年10月10日06:04:23 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

当左派极端主义分子破坏发现美洲大陆的哥伦布雕像,甚至诸如纽约市长白思豪等政客也在考拆除他的雕像时,总统川普提醒美国人庆祝哥伦布日的原因。

公元1492年,即525年前,克里斯托弗.哥伦布跨越大西洋踏上美洲的土地。川普在10月6日发布的“哥伦布日”公告中说:“这个航行是一次令人难以置信且无与伦比的壮举,帮助(人类)开启探索与发现的纪元。”

由于哥伦布的发现,欧洲人来到美洲定居,川普在公告中说:“不可否认地,这是一个从根本上改变人类历史进程,并且为我们伟大国家的发展奠定基础的变革。”

在哥伦布发现美洲新大陆的日子,全球很多国家都有庆祝活动。在拉丁美洲,它被称为是“Dia de la Hispanidad”;在西班牙,有全国性的嘉年华庆典;在伯利兹(Belize)和乌拉圭,有庆祝尊重文化多样性的活动;在美国,则是“哥伦布日”。

10月9日,川普在宣布哥伦布日时表示:“在哥伦布日,我们对那些(航海)技术娴熟的导航员以及信心十足的人表示敬意,他们的勇气为我们发现了新大陆,并且激发了无以计数的其他人追求梦想和信念,即使在面对深度怀疑及巨大逆境时,也不轻言退缩。”

川普说,即使在五个世纪后的今天,“我们仍然记得《哥伦布传》,是建立美国及欧洲坚固且持久关系的第一个链接”。

哥伦布来自意大利热那亚市,西班牙的伊莎贝拉一世和费迪南德二世赞助他的探索航程。

川普说,这个假期“代表了意大利裔美国人对我们伟大国家丰富历史的贡献及重要意涵,毫无疑问地,如果美国社区没有意大利裔,美国的文化、商业和公民生活,都将黯淡失色”。

川普也对意大利表示敬意,并借此机会“重申与哥伦布祖国的密切联系”,说“意大利是促进和平、繁荣昌盛的强大盟友”。

为了纪念哥伦布的探险航行,美国国会于1934年4月30日通过一项联合决议,并于1968年修改,确定哥伦布日。川普再次借此机会宣布每年10月的第二个星期一为哥伦布日。

川普说:

身为美国总统,依据《宪法》及美国法律赋予我的职权力,在此宣布2017年10月9日为哥伦布日。”

我呼吁美国人民通过适当的仪式和活动来庆祝这一天。我还指示,在这个被指定的日子,所有公共建筑物都应悬挂美国国旗,以纪念我们多样化的历史,和所有为形塑这个国家做出贡献的人。”

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

Five hundred and twenty-five years ago, Christopher Columbus completed an ambitious and daring voyage across the Atlantic Ocean to the Americas.  The voyage was a remarkable and then-unparalleled feat that helped launch the age of exploration and discovery.  The permanent arrival of Europeans to the Americas was a transformative event that undeniably and fundamentally changed the course of human history and set the stage for the development of our great Nation.  Therefore, on Columbus Day, we honor the skilled navigator and man of faith, whose courageous feat brought together continents and has inspired countless others to pursue their dreams and convictions -- even in the face of extreme doubt and tremendous adversity.

More than five centuries after his initial voyage, we remember the "Admiral of the Ocean Sea" for building the critical first link in the strong and enduring bond between the United States and Europe.  While Isabella I and Ferdinand II of Spain sponsored his historic voyage, Columbus was a native of the City of Genoa, in present day Italy, and represents the rich history of important Italian American contributions to our great Nation.  There can be no doubt that American culture, business, and civic life would all be much less vibrant in the absence of the Italian American community.  We also take this opportunity to reaffirm our close ties to Columbus's country of birth, Italy.  Italy is a strong ally and a valued partner in promoting peace and promoting prosperity around the world.  

In commemoration of Christopher Columbus's historic voyage, the Congress, by joint resolution of April 30, 1934, and modified in 1968 (36 U.S.C. 107), as amended, has requested the President proclaim the second Monday of October of each year as "Columbus Day."

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim October 9, 2017, as Columbus Day.  I call upon the people of the United States to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies and activities.  I also direct that the flag of the United States be displayed on all public buildings on the appointed day in honor of our diverse history and all who have contributed to shaping this Nation.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this sixth day of October, in the year of our Lord two thousand seventeen, and of the Independ.

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2016: ZT:梅花坚韧象征谁?——国民党的功与
2016: 美国人是蛮夷啊。川普作为国家主席,想