简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
4th Grade Spring Concert(四年级年春季音乐会)
送交者: 天边的红霞 2020年03月25日16:06:55 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

2014-04-24

【Aiden in English】

The Spring Concert is the biggest events of the Montgomery-Bridle Path band. It's an hour (or so) long and a fabulous performance, featuring the band and chorus. The beginning was really intense because everyone was filled with anticipation for the show.

Our band was pretty big for two elementary schools. There were oboes, clarinets, saxophones, flutes, French horns just to name a few of woodwind and brass instruments. I played an alto sax, and it's a ton of fun. As I walked into the gym where the show took place, the audience screamed. Some parents seemed as if they didn't know their own children played an instrument and shouted in amazement. We sat in fashion. Without further ado, the show began on time.

The band played 7 songs. Out of all, a song called "Rising Star" stood out greatly. It had a charming melody based on simplicity. When the instruments all played simple notes in harmony, the song became a masterpiece. However, it had a competitor challenged by "When the Koalas Do the Conga with the Kangaroos". As a matter of fact, two songs were completely opposite in tempo. "Rising Star" appeared to be slower or moderato and serious, while "When the Koalas Do the Conga with the Kangaroos" was a lot faster or allegro and added a comedy element to its musical. It also featured percussion with an assortment of hilarious components like a car horn.

We aced all our parts. It sounded as if the band turned into one person and every note was played in perfect unison, which I felt amazed! We finished our piece with only a few minor incidences that couldn't be noticed by the audience unless they had musical experience. Unfortunately, it might be my last concert for a while. Next year, Algebra I in math took up a lot of my extracurricular activities in the morning. So if it's true, then my first Spring Concert will be a great memory that lasts a looonng time.

【红霞译文】

春季音乐会堪称蒙哥马利—马径校际乐队头等大事,乐队与合唱队联手奉献精彩节目,前后不过个把钟头。正因如此,临场气氛紧张,人人都殷切期望演出成功。

我们乐队由两个小学组成,阵容十分可观,包括双簧管、单簧管、 萨克斯管、长笛、圆号等若干木铜管乐器。我演奏中音萨克斯管,乐趣无穷。当走进体育馆乐队席后,我发现观众热情高涨,有些家长好像从来搞不清自己孩子演奏何种乐器,欢呼声喝彩声连成一片。大家列队依次入座,神情自若,演出按时开始。

乐队演奏了7首曲目,其中《新星》感人至深。该作品简洁明快,各个器乐所表现出的迷人旋律交织成悦耳动听的和声,将音乐推向高潮。《当树熊与袋鼠共跳康加舞的时候》是今晚另一个拍手叫好的节目。实际上,两首曲子在节奏上截然相反。《新星》节奏比较慢,而且曲调庄重﹔《当树熊与袋鼠共跳康加舞的时候》的节奏则非常快,并带有喜剧色彩,其打击乐烘托热闹场面,间或发出汽笛声响。

大家尽心尽力,配合默契,整个乐队听起来好像由一个人演奏,所有乐器和谐地再现相同音符,令我惊叹不已。如果没有受过专业音乐训练,你根本察觉不出任何疵瑕。遗憾的是,本场春季音乐会是我小学生涯中第一次、也可能成为最后一次演艺活动。下学年里,我选修的“初等代数”与早上很多课外活动相冲突。照此说来,这次演出经历对我弥足珍贵,难以忘怀。

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2019: 好玩,我问你:难民不能进自己家,但可
2019: 川黑来了!