简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
Badminton Competition(羽毛球赛)
送交者: 天边的红霞 2020年03月26日15:02:07 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

2014-05-04

【Aiden in English】

The sport of badminton is unique and quite challenging. It tests flexibility and reflexes. Let me tell you this. I'm as flexible as a hippo and as fast as a snail. Yet I could survive till the third round of the competition which took place in Guang Hua Chinese School in PA today.

So the tournament is set up as a double-elimination format. After the first round, the tournament splits in two, the losers and the winners. Then the tournaments proceed like any other tournament with a single elimination. The winner of the loser's tournament plays with the winner of the winner's tournament, and that winner plays with the champion from the last year.

From the beginning, I knew #1 wasn't me since I started it off with a lost to Lucas. He took advantage of my lack of speed and made me look like a fool by hitting the shuttle over the court. But I wasn't ready to give up.

In my 2nd round though, the opponent seemed like a Martian to me. He served so lightly that I missed two serves since I wasn't prepared. In the end, however, that became backfired and I got used to it and smashed the shuttle right back.

Yet my fate was to fall in the 3rd round. I began with a loss in the 1st game. I came back in the 2nd one. Since it's a best out of three, the 3rd and last game was all mine until my strength wavered. Gradually, but surely, I got slower, weaker. Worst of all, I lost the control of hand and eye. And after a fierce battle of 16-18, I was defeated by a girl, Amy. 

到了决定命运的第三轮比赛,我先输了第一局,但很快又扳回第二局,因为比赛采用三局两胜制,第三局即最后一局开盘后我始终领先,可越打越累,慢慢地并且明显地,我速度跟不上,力气一同消耗殆尽。最倒霉的是,这时动作失控,视线模糊,经过拉锯式残酷厮杀之后,我终于以16:18输给了女生艾米,彻底败走麦城。

So I guess that's another reason why badminton is unique and challenging. Needless to say that badminton is characterized of flexibility and reflexes, the endurance becomes the turning point of the competition. If I overcame myself, I would play at a whole new level of this sport.

【红霞译文】

羽毛球这个运动项目别具特色,极富挑战性,需要灵活善变。咱实话实说,本人的敏捷程度宛若河马,而反应速度又堪比蜗牛,能在宾州光华中文学校举行的羽毛球比赛中过关斩将侥幸进入第三轮角逐,实在出乎意料。

整个比赛采用双淘汰赛制,经过第一轮较量后,比赛被分为输、赢二组。接下来实行淘汰赛,与其它任何循环赛没什么两样,赢的跟赢的打,输的跟输的比,赢完输的之后再挑战下一轮比赛,胜者最后与去年冠军争夺今年第一名。

比赛开始不久,我就知道自己肯定与第一无缘,因为我首先输给了卢卡斯。他抓住我缺乏速度的弱点,长传短调,害得我像傻瓜一样满场乱窜,但我还是咬牙坚持了下来。

第二轮比赛中,对手好像火星人似的,发球轻飘飘地,开始我并不适应,一连失掉两分。然而到后来,我逐渐熟悉了他的打法,及时扭转乾坤并取得胜利。

正因如此,我觉得羽毛球与其它运动不同,特别具有挑战性,除其本身兼顾灵活性和反应快等特点之外,耐力将成为决定比赛胜负的关键因素。如果我能战胜自己,相信本人羽毛球水平定会更上一层楼。

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2019: 老穿宣布戈蓝高地属于以色列,老尤的代
2019: 为什么说新任司法部长是川普的人?