简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
5th Olympic Day(五年级奥林匹克节)
送交者: 天边的红霞 2020年03月27日11:20:10 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

2014-05-23

【Aiden in English】

Public elementary schools in US are no place to run a 200-meter dash, swim a 100-yard sprint, throw a 20-pound javelin, or any Olympic events. So this Friday prior to the Memorial Day Long Weekend, to have the same excitement as the real Olympics, Montgomery ES hosted an Olympic Day. Our gym teacher, Mr. Theodore, then created 8 original games for the whole school to play and all 4 teams were picked to play against one another.

I was on Team Red, which was my fourth year in a row. As soon as the games began, my confidence dropped like a stone. Many of my team members were girls and most of them seemed to more focus on the music and dancing than the games. In fact, I got to go two times more than the girls. But I wasn't really interested in the games either. What made me enjoy myself was simply competing against friends. It was nice to have organized games to play for fun, yet aim at a goal to strive for the 1st place.

Speaking of No. 1, the final score was: Black, 1036; Red, 1048; Green, 1098; Blue, 1118. Coincidentally, Blue won last year too. As I said, however, it was more about having fun and competing with friends, both in which I had a lot.

【红霞译文】

美国公立小学校舍不大,根本没有场地进行200米短跑、100码速游、20磅重标枪投掷、或者任何奥运会比赛项目。为使我们共抒奥运会情怀,宾州蒙哥马利小学将“美国阵亡将士纪念日”长周末前的这个星期五定为奥林匹克运动日,体育老师西奥多先生事先准备了八项运动游戏,以供兵分四路的全校学生相互较量。

我被分在红队,这是本人连续第四年代表红队角逐奥运会。比赛一开始,我的自信心立刻一落千丈。队中成员多为女生,她们往往把心思投注在音乐和跳舞方面而非竞技场上,我得加倍挺身而出,其实我也不太喜欢这些项目。不过,能与朋友同台竞技,携手参与有组织的游戏比赛,并为争夺第一各显身手,反倒令我开心不已。

说起第一,比赛结果﹕黑队1036分﹔红队1048分﹔绿队1098分﹔蓝队1118分。无巧不成书,去年蓝队曾荣膺过冠军称号。然而正如我早先所说的那样,本次奥运会本着“友谊第一,比赛第二”的方针,我在与朋友并肩拼搏的同时收获了许多快乐。

【以下相片均由达达尔瓦拉先生提供

(All Photos Courtesy of Mr. Dadarwala)】

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖