简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
Hospital Visit(医院探访)
送交者: 天边的红霞 2020年03月28日11:06:35 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

2014-06-16

【Aiden in English】

It's sad to have a family member experience a surgery ordeal. The treatment is painful, and so is the recovery. That's why I go to the rehabilitation center where Grandma stays to cheer her on to full recovery.

The arthroplasty was performed about grandma's right knee due to a severe osteoarthritis. Earlier last week, Dr. Grant, an orthopedic surgeon, replaced her kneecap or patella with a large metal tray in Einstein Medical Center, PA. It sounded so complicated and I was scared to death. After surgery, she has to be transferred to a rehab center and put though tough exercises everyday before she is able to get back on her feet. 

I feel really bad for her, considering the pain she's been through. Worst of all, I can't do anything but pray. She is clearly in discomfort even though she takes a variety of painkillers. I know that grandma will benefit from the medical treatment in a long run. Yet it is tough just standing by and to wait.

【红霞译文】

外婆的近况令我难过,最为无奈的是,除了祈祷减轻疾苦之外,我束手无策。尽管每天外婆遵照医嘱服用大剂量止痛药,但是病痛还会无情地折磨她老人家。我心里明白,从长远来看,外婆终将从眼下手术治疗中获益。然而,让我呆在旁边眼巴巴地目睹一切,实在于心不甘。

外婆患有老年性骨关节炎,严重到不得不接受人工膝盖置换手术治疗的程度,上星期早些时候,宾州爱因斯坦医学中心整形外科医生给她右膝盖换上了人造金属替代品,听起来复杂得要命,看上去却又可怕得要死。手术出院后,她被转送到康复中心,夜以继日地进行艰苦训练,为的是能够尽快过上正常生活。

看到家人要动外科手术,心里真不是滋味,治疗期间饱尝痛苦,康复过程同样历经磨难,正因如此,我要赶到外婆所在的康复中心给她打气加油,盼她早日恢复健康。

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2019: 致淡紫:为什么共和党的理念不能完全Wo
2019: I Love you all