设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
Baltimore Natl.Aquarium,MD(马里兰州巴尔的摩国家水族馆)
送交者: 天边的红霞 2020年03月29日07:59:49 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

夏至,2014-06-21

Baltimore0001.JPG

【Aiden in English】

I was sick and tired of Ocean City in MD, and so was Dad. That's when Dad had a brilliant idea to visit Baltimore and its aquarium, the largest in the nation. I agreed at once and we bolted for the car.

There was so much for a brilliant idea. The price doubled from the last time I'd been here.

As I walked into the building, I noticed that there weren’t many real exciting things to do like feed fish or touch them. Instead, there were boards of information that I barely even tried to read. Even the dolphin show was gone and the show replaced with a training demo since some trainers got killed by the trainees or dolphins during training routines. It became more controversial than ever before, though. Now only a few aquariums in the US were still hosting the dolphin shows. People also thought that it resulted in animal abuse because some animals may not like performing, which I understood. Something inside me also felt grateful of the people who noticed the animal's right and emotion.

What slapped me in the face was that when I was young, this aquarium was one of my most favorite places. Back then, I thought it was filled with wonders of the sea. And I still think so now, except Baltimore Natl. Aquarium kinda lost its luster. Probably because I expect more as I grow up, but whatever reason it is, I'm not going back.

【红霞译文】

我实在玩腻了马里兰州海洋城,老爸所见略同。正在此时,他灵机一动计上心来,何不到巴尔的摩遛达一趟,顺便参观全美最大的水族馆,我举双手赞成。于是,俩人钻进车里,旋风般狂奔而去。

虽说主意不赖,但我们为此而付出加倍的代价,门票面值比我上次来访时正好翻了一番。

我一走进大楼即刻发现,除了喂鱼亲手触摸海洋动物之类的游艺项目外,巴尔的摩国家水族馆不再令我兴致盎然,我甚至懒得追踪布告栏上的消息报道。海豚表演也被取消,取而代之的训练示范可用来画饼充饥。海豚表演越来越有争议,由于某些教练员因训练海豚而横遭海豚报复致死,现在美国国内仅有个别几家水族馆仍保留这项娱乐活动。与此同时,公众也认为海豚表演势必导致虐待动物,因为有的动物未必喜欢登台演出,我深表理解。值得欣慰的是,动物权利及其情感问题已经引起人们的关注。

我好像在掴自己一记耳光,回想起小时候,该水族馆可谓本人最喜欢光顾的地方之一,年幼的我对大海满怀憧憬。如今我依然迷恋十万个为什么,只是不再着眼于巴尔的摩国家水族馆。或许随着年龄增长,我的期望值大幅度提高,但无论何种原因,我不会故地重游。

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2019: 周末附加题:国画的散点透视比西画的单
2019: 等IGReport吧