简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
St. Stan's Summer Festival(圣斯坦夏季狂欢节)
送交者: 天边的红霞 2020年04月07日10:46:03 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

2014-08-16

Aiden in English

Every August, the Saint Stan's Summer Festival held at the Mater Dei Catholic High School in Lansdale, PA. It's not a huge carnival, but there's definitely a pretty darn good festivity.

The games look great and food taste fabulous. However, I go on the rides every year. When you think of a local festival, you don't think of spinning at 50 miles per hour. The tornado became my favorite. What happens is that you are on a ride that swings you around

in a circle in mid-air, which is boring. So then, there is a wheel in the center of the seats. The seats are in a little circle facing towards the wheel. You see, the ride needs 4 people together and I was bounced up with the other three. Here is the awesome part. If you decide to really turn on the heat, you spin the wheel. What's up? The seats spin with the wheel. Unfortunately, one of the riders worked out and we spun too fast. My head wanted to explode, and so did my stomach.

Don't get fooled by your local carnival rides. They may be small, but can make you hurl gust like a roller coaster.

【红霞译文】

每年八月,“圣斯坦夏季狂欢节”都要在宾州兰斯代尔天主之母天主教高中举行,规模不大,到处充满喜气洋洋热闹非凡的景象。

有玩有吃的,还有我每年难得错过的飞车,料你无法有想到乡下老土操办的狂欢节竟有每小时50英里转速的玩艺,而“龙卷风”确实成为我的至爱。你登上坐骑单纯在半空中兜圈盘旋,玩不出什么新鲜花样﹔倘若转轮居中,坐骑面朝转轮围成一圈,四位乘客各具一方,我和其他三位随转轮移动上下起伏,甭提有多来劲。如想寻求刺激,那你就加快轮子旋转,后果怎么样呢﹖轮子转得凶,坐骑便转得猛。偏巧其中一位乘客找到了窍门,飞车急速打旋,摇得我头晕目眩,胃也跟着翻江倒海。

千万不要小看当地狂欢节上飞车游乐项目,也许气势小,但速度风驰电掣,一点不亚于狂飙的过山车。

07-04-11_ Tornado-10001.JPG

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖