簡體 繁體 手機版
分類廣告
版主:紅樹林
萬維讀者網 > 五 味 齋 > 帖子
St. Stan's Summer Festival(聖斯坦夏季狂歡節)
送交者: 天邊的紅霞 2020年04月07日10:46:03 於 [五 味 齋] 發送悄悄話

2014-08-16

Aiden in English

Every August, the Saint Stan's Summer Festival held at the Mater Dei Catholic High School in Lansdale, PA. It's not a huge carnival, but there's definitely a pretty darn good festivity.

The games look great and food taste fabulous. However, I go on the rides every year. When you think of a local festival, you don't think of spinning at 50 miles per hour. The tornado became my favorite. What happens is that you are on a ride that swings you around

in a circle in mid-air, which is boring. So then, there is a wheel in the center of the seats. The seats are in a little circle facing towards the wheel. You see, the ride needs 4 people together and I was bounced up with the other three. Here is the awesome part. If you decide to really turn on the heat, you spin the wheel. What's up? The seats spin with the wheel. Unfortunately, one of the riders worked out and we spun too fast. My head wanted to explode, and so did my stomach.

Don't get fooled by your local carnival rides. They may be small, but can make you hurl gust like a roller coaster.

【紅霞譯文】

每年八月,“聖斯坦夏季狂歡節”都要在賓州蘭斯代爾天主之母天主教高中舉行,規模不大,到處充滿喜氣洋洋熱鬧非凡的景象。

有玩有吃的,還有我每年難得錯過的飛車,料你無法有想到鄉下老土操辦的狂歡節竟有每小時50英里轉速的玩藝,而“龍捲風”確實成為我的至愛。你登上坐騎單純在半空中兜圈盤旋,玩不出什麼新鮮花樣﹔倘若轉輪居中,坐騎面朝轉輪圍成一圈,四位乘客各具一方,我和其他三位隨轉輪移動上下起伏,甭提有多來勁。如想尋求刺激,那你就加快輪子旋轉,後果怎麼樣呢﹖輪子轉得凶,坐騎便轉得猛。偏巧其中一位乘客找到了竅門,飛車急速打旋,搖得我頭暈目眩,胃也跟着翻江倒海。

千萬不要小看當地狂歡節上飛車遊樂項目,也許氣勢小,但速度風馳電掣,一點不亞於狂飆的過山車。

07-04-11_ Tornado-10001.JPG

0%(0)
0%(0)
標 題 (必選項):
內 容 (選填項):
實用資訊
回國機票$360起 | 商務艙省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出爐:海航獲五星
海外華人福利!在線看陳建斌《三叉戟》熱血歸回 豪情築夢 高清免費看 無地區限制
一周點擊熱帖 更多>>
一周回復熱帖
歷史上的今天:回復熱帖