简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
Reunion w/ Old Friends(老友重逢)
送交者: 天边的红霞 2020年04月08日10:36:35 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

2014-08-24

Aiden in English

Ten years ago, at my first ever birthday party in my house, Auntie Hongli and Uncle Henry came over to see me along with their two little daughters, Lynna, 7 and Jennifer, 4. A decade has been past, and now, we can finally have reunion back in NJ from PA. This is more about Mom than me. Can you remember anything at the age of 12 months? Heck, I don't even recall most of my kindergarten friends.

So I sat on their couch face to face in the living room, feeling a little awkward. While I kept myself in the corner looking like I had amnesia, All parents were chatting away as if they had all the time in the world. I was left staring at trophy wall over the fireplace. Boy, that's glistering with a lot of awards, everything from Best Student of the Year to Championship titles in synchronized swimming.

Lynna has some serious art skills. She used oil pastels to express her creativity, which is the hardest art utensil ever displayed in history of the graphic arts in my opinion. Her drawings looked amazing like real masterpieces. Jennifer isn't joking. Her synchronized swimming team has not only advanced NJ competition for her age group, but qualified for the nationals! For some people I didn't know, they seemed pretty well-known in the world. It's made our reunion more meaningful.

【红霞译文】

十年前,在我一岁生日聚会上,红莉阿姨和云光叔叔带着两位千金-七岁的琳娜和四岁珍妮赶来道喜;十年过后,我们终于从宾州杀回新泽西州与老朋友重逢,但这次不是为了我,相反却主要跟妈妈有关,有谁能想起十二月大时所走过的历程?哎呀,我甚至早已忘掉绝大部分学前班小朋友的音容笑貌。

我坐在客厅的沙发上眼巴巴地望着他们,心里难免有点别扭,几位长辈抚今忆昔,海侃阔聊穷晒老友情缘,而我却独自静思,仿佛得了健忘症似的,过去的一切如过眼烟云。我开始注意到壁炉上由奖杯堆砌起来的墙壁,好家伙,从年度最佳学生到花样游泳冠军头衔各种荣誉交织在一起,显得家里金碧辉煌。

琳娜掌握一定的传统艺术技巧,常常借助油笔来表现自己的创意,依我所见,油笔这玩艺是绘画史上最难控制的艺术工具。她的油画形象逼真,大有经典杰作之风范。珍妮的本事真不是随便闹着玩的,她所参加的花样游泳队战绩显赫,不仅在新泽西州内比赛上过五关斩六将,而且在全国青少年组角逐中勇往直前!山外有山,天外有天,结识这些能文能武的同龄人,使得老友重逢更有意义。

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2019: 文革正在进行时,文革遗风瞎扯淡
2019: 知青往事