简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
Labor Day Weekend Party(劳工节周末聚会)
送交者: 天边的红霞 2020年04月09日12:58:46 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

2014-08-30

Aiden in English

Parties are the best way to meet friends, have fun, and show off your skills. So today, when Dad took me to a holiday party in his friend's house, I brought my Chinese Yo-Yo from GHCS Summer Camp and a book of Classics for the Developing Pianist.

Everyone was fascinated by my Chinese Yo-Yo skills. I did tricks and even taught some adults the secret of the Yo-Yo (there isn't one). After about 5 seconds of advice, they attempted to give the Yo-Yo a try. Not everyone was successful. I was on fire and wouldn't drop the Yo-Yo. Toss after toss after toss, the whooshing sound was extremely loud. Today was my day.

I then showed my piano skills with Enrique Granados' Valse Poetico #4 upon request. But I was forgotten as soon as a HS senior started to perform. He played lovely movement with amazing articulation. His light touch and flowing passages demonstrated excellent attention to details in dynamic contour. His fingers flew so fast that I could barely see them. By the look of it, he loved to play. The high-schooler went on working on it for about 40 min before he stopped. Even though I only came to hear his finale and I was impressed with his performance. Ohh boy, he had huge hands that probably could palm the basketball. I was also very surprised to know that he's only been playing piano for seven years. Seven years at that level! He is a true musical genius. I couldn't stop thinking about who his piano teacher was. It was none other than Mr. Marcantonio Barone, the same teacher that taught Kevin. You might be wondering who the heck Kevin was. Let's just say both Harvard University and New England Conservatory appreciated his talents not only because he was one of 141 high school seniors recognized as Presidential Scholars nationwide in 2012. So the common sense tells you that the high schooler at the party was a lot better than me.

So parties are great places to interact, no matter whether it's to talk, play or even show what you can do.

【红霞译文】

聚会是结识朋友、吃喝玩乐、交流经验的最佳去处。既然如此,今天爸爸带我参加朋友家举办的“劳工节”周末聚会,我准备好宾州光华中文学校夏令营赠送的空竹,并从家里带来一本专门用于培养钢琴家的《古典乐曲》集锦。

大家甭提有多欣赏我表演的抖空竹,本人露了几招,甚至给一些长辈们面授机宜(吹牛皮而已),大约五秒钟过后,阿姨叔叔们摆开阵势小试牛刀,可惜无人得手,而我则像搭上了顺风车似的,手中飞舞的空竹云里来雾里去,不时发出雄浑高昂的气鸣声,今天抖空竹叫我出尽风头。

随后,我被要求弹奏恩里克格拉纳多斯的第四首《激情圆舞曲 》,但人们的视线很快地便转移到下一位高中四年级毕业生身上。他弹奏的钢琴曲清晰流畅,轻柔的指法烘托出娴熟的技巧,通过乐曲动感变化,细腻地表达了作品结构层次,手指在键盘上移动极快,令我眼花缭乱。看来这家伙真心喜欢演奏,一口气竟连续弹了四十分钟左右。尽管我只听了结尾部分,其水平之高给我留下深刻印象。天哪,他的手真大,单抓篮球恐怕小菜一碟。出乎意料地,他仅练过七年钢琴,如果七年即达到这般水准,那他一定是位天才。我禁不住好奇他究竟师从何方圣人,没想到不是别人正是泊宁的老师——马坎彤尼欧罗内先生。你也许会问泊宁到底是谁,这么说吧,哈佛大学与新英格兰音乐学院同时欣赏泊宁的才华,当然并非仅仅因为泊宁曾为2012年全美141位荣获总统奖最高荣誉的高中生之一。名师出高徒,今晚这位高中毕业生的钢琴演技非同一般,反正与我不是同一数量级的。

由此看来,无论是为了聊天,还是玩耍,哪怕娱乐大家,聚会可谓一个了不起的交际场所。

08-30-14_YoYo0001.JPG

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖