设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
Hagia Sophia of Istanbul, Turkey(土耳其伊斯坦布尔圣索菲亚大教堂)
送交者: 天边的红霞 2020年04月29日08:22:13 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

2015-06-26

Hagia Sophia0001.JPG

Aiden in English

Churches are a fine way of demonstrating an art. The architectures of some are simply unmatched from the Roman, Byzantine, and Ottoman Empires. Whiling arriving in Europe, there was no way we are escaping all the lush history of religion. Religion sort of … is the history in an exotic area. 

Among all the religions in the world, one emerges from the rest, and this one is Islam. With them came a type of church that defined every Christian or Catholic or Orthodox architectural law. It became a mosque. Now we have arrived in Istanbul, the largest city in Turkey and only city in the world on two continents. Here each civilization from all 3 major empires has left behind fascinating aspects of its diverse cultures and traditions. And well, let’s just say Istanbul incarnates highly religious beliefs. When I mention it, I mean going to extremes. 

Today’s highlight of the day was the famous mosque called Hagia Sophia, the Church of Holy Wisdom. This wondrous model of Byzantine architecture was built by Constantine the Great in 325 and converted into the mosque by the Sultan Mehmet in 1453. The Islamic faith doesn’t permit religious iconic imagery in a place of worship, but the Byzantine mosaics were so exceptional that it wasn’t destroyed, just plastered over, and added more Muslim elements only to be dramatically revealed in 1936 when the building became a museum.

The minarets rose high up into the sky, spiraling up, up and up, as if they were reaching for the clouds. Shining gold dome of sparkling, the reflected lights made the air around it seemed to shimmer. Unlike any other in Europe, the unique mosaic marble and pillars held up a massive dome that was decorated with mosaics. A few changes through the years had to be made to the building though. It had collapsed two times previously, due to the miscalculations of the dome’s weight and pressure. The knowledge of that piece of information didn’t exactly calm my nerves. So throughout the tour, instead of saying and repeating “don’t look down,” I whispered: “don’t look up!” I took special notice to the floor and nearly lower walls. The color had a variation, but as far as I could tell, the material looked like the same as all the Greek churches I visited so far. You guess it (hopefully)! It was marble! Yet, why was there a green and red variation of colors? The answer was that the white marble on the floor was local from Ephesus, while the ones in different colors were imported from Egypt and other Mediterranean countries. That led to the question of why there absolutely was paint in the mosque. As a matter of fact, every picture, pattern, or decoration was a mosaic. The work was nice, but not crazily good. What astonished me was how they got the piece of art onto the dome roof. They had to work with the dome on the ground, and then carefully lift it up onto the walls. Or people had to get a huge boost from a platform just to reach the roof, not to mention putting tiny pebbles into place. The building mainly resembled the Byzantine style. The mosques also created some different styles. They had the other styles of the world as ingredients, and the architect of Hagia Sophia tossed them in the oven and out came … whatever masterpiece you call this.

The Islamic culture gained much fame through mosques because nothing in the world is truly like these structures of glory. The Christian churches are great among all, but sometimes, a little something different turns into what we need for a masterpiece.

【红霞译文】

教堂可谓艺术再现形式,某些出自古罗马、拜占庭及奥斯曼帝国的宗教建筑风格迥异,彼此之间形成了鲜明对比。一旦走进欧洲,我们根本无法回避早已根深蒂固的宗教历史,宗教俨然与异国风情密不可分。

纵观天下所有宗教,伊斯兰教彻底打破基督教、天主教、东正教的清规戒律,全新创出与众不同的清真寺。眼下我们置身土耳其规模最大、世界上唯一地跨欧亚两大陆的城市,这个曾为三大帝国首都的伊斯坦布尔承袭了多元性文化以及本民族传统之精髓,将神圣的宗教信仰推向极致,甚至可以说达到了非常极端的境地。

今天我们出游焦点集中在著名的清真寺圣索非亚大教堂,也叫上帝圣智教堂。公元325年间,由君士坦丁大帝始建这座美轮美奂的拜占庭式建筑;1453年,苏丹·穆罕默德着手改造成清真寺。伊斯兰教规通常不允许在敬拜真主的地方出现圣像,但因欣赏拜占庭马赛克镶嵌工艺才没有完全销毁基督殿堂,只不过涂上石灰将原有象征基督教的部分掩盖起来,重新加固装修并增设了具有穆斯林特色的建筑结构,直到1936年圣索非亚大教堂作为博物馆进入公众视线,历史真相才昭然若揭。

圣索非亚大教堂的尖塔直冲云霄,而且一个赛过一个,大有欲与天公试比高之势;穹窿顶尖金光闪耀,反射的余辉令周围一切黯然失色。与欧洲其它教堂不同,独树一帜的马赛克大理石柱支撑对角线为直径的圆顶,上面全部装饰着镶嵌图案,多年来该清真寺不断维修加建,之前曾因穹顶重量和压力计算失误而出现过两次倒塌事故,听来不免令人心惊肉跳,所以在参观期间,我不是反复告诫自己莫往下看,而是喃喃地提醒自己:“千万别抬头朝上张望!”我有意盯着地面几乎接近墙角,眼前五颜六色,所用材料倒与我去过的希腊所有东正教堂没啥两样,你猜得出(希望如此)!没错,正是大理石!但为什么有绿色和红色不同颜色变化呢?原来白色大理石来自本国以弗所,而其它带色的则全部从埃及和地中海其它国家进口,由此引申出清真寺为何要涂颜料问题。实际上,这里每一幅画、每一个图案、每一帧装饰全靠马赛克,做工精致讲究,但材料本身非常普通。我十分好奇它们是怎样被贴到穹顶上的,想不到要先把穹顶拿下来放在地面,然后再小心翼翼地举上去恢复回位,换句话说,人们必须借助擎天梯子方能够到顶部,且不提同时还要捎带上用来装饰的鹅卵碎石。圣索非亚大教堂主要沿袭了拜占庭建筑风格,隐含不少独到之处,建筑师们在借鉴国际先进设计的同时勇于革新,历经千辛万苦…终于打造出来震撼天下的不朽杰作。

清真寺极大地弘扬了伊斯兰教文化,世上没有什么比如此形象的建筑更能体现穆斯林精神。尽管基督教教堂在所有宗教建筑中独领风骚,但有时大千世界需要新生事物来完善自身。

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2019: YY,往外跑的不只是大学生吧,农村兵有
2019: 大卫 高德曼在中国当前危险委员会会议