设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
Kronborg Hamlet Castle, Denmark(丹麦克伦宫哈姆雷特城堡)
送交者: 天边的红霞 2020年05月23日08:45:30 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

2016-07-06

Kronborg Castle0001.JPG

【Aiden in English】

The theme of our journey so far has been about the Royal family in the Baltic region, whether it is with Kings, Queens, or Czars. Each has used his/her money to ensure a mark in history and the present day. Denmark, like all the other European countries, has been under the control of a monarchy, with most rulers usually narcissists, filling their kingdoms with pictures of themselves. But today's palace features a warrior in asleep... 

Kronborg Castle is a kingdom palace built in the 15th century for the kings of Denmark, which rarely gets anyone to recognize the name in the USA. But when people say the castle was the main setting for the legendary Shakespeare’s play, Hamlet, nearly everyone will nod his or her head or have a connection about “that something is rotten in the state of Denmark.“ Of course, I haven’t read the story yet, but the high school curriculum has me covered. That is, assuming mom doesn't force the book down my throat this summer after reading this. Nothing is a guarantee in this world anymore. 

Speaking about nothing being a guarantee, the weather was quite a guarantee. The forecast should have been described as "depressing", since the sky cried out tears as well as a few pieces of hail, and the wind blew them horizontally into our faces. Finally, I must say, the worst would have to be the dreadful temperature. It is July 6th, 2016, and assuming the world's brightest minds are correct, global warming is a very real idea. So, please explain the reason why I shiver in a jacket and long pants at noon in the middle of summer when the world's icebergs are supposedly melting. Wait, before every Chinese genius in the world burns me on how temperature is a temporary measure, I want to say that the castle is haunted. Although ghosts are not flying out of windows every Friday the Thirteenth, deep below the surface lays a dormant spirit. Its name is Ogier the Dane. 

In deep sleep, Ogier the Dane is a statue sitting on a chair, with both hands crossed over his chest, resting in a sword and shield. The path to the dormant beast is a dangerous road, with a twisting road through a pitch dark dungeon, many meters below ground. Torches glowed, casting eerie orange shadows and lighting. Water trickled down from above, occasionally scaring one of the tourists. With all that said, the place looked really cool. Sounds bounced off walls, disorienting noises. Rows upon rows of arches threw off the most sense of direction and soon made many lost. Luckily, it didn't take so long to find a flight of stairs, which led up into the small cavern of Ogier's slumbering statue. In the books, Ogier was a great warrior in Charlemagne's army, being one of his best. When he wanted to return to his home, Denmark, Charlemagne disagreed and didn't give any money for him to use. After walking his way back, Ogier went to a dormant state under Kronborg, leaving with a promise, which went along these lines. 

If anyone dares to threaten Denmark, I will awaken and protect my country. 

It becomes absolutely dramatic. During WWII, Ogier remained in the same position. Some called him a lazy slouch, but a resistance group took up his name...A coincidence, I think not.

【红霞译文】

到目前为止,我们出游波罗的海地区大多围绕皇宫王室深入浅出,甭管是国王执政,还是王后当权,或者沙皇统治,他们个个穷奢极欲,不干出点空前绝后的名堂誓不罢休。如同其它欧洲国家,丹麦也是一个君主立宪制,多数统治者唯我独尊,宫殿上下挂满了自己的光辉形象,不过今天皇宫展出的却是一位沉睡的勇士……

克伦城堡是丹麦国王十五世纪修建的皇宫,美国佬对之几乎毫无所知,但假如提及这座城堡就是传说的莎士比亚名剧《哈姆雷特》剧情发生地,恐怕妇孺皆知,人们或多或少都知道“丹麦那点烂事”。当然,至今我尚未读过原著,但相信高中课程将把它纳入必读教材加以学习,说这话的前提是妈妈得知此事之后没有扼住我的喉咙强迫自己今暑啃完这部巨著,然而人生无常,世事难料。

既然说到世事无常,这里的气候却一成不变,天气预告当该称之为“令人沮丧”,因为老天爷总是哭丧着脸,动不动还下点冰雹拿出颜色瞧瞧,狂风顺势卷着雨雪劈头盖脸向我们袭来,最后我必须说明,其实最要命的莫过于寒气逼人。今天二O一六年七月六日,假设自然界并无超自然事件发生,全球变暖可谓一个极其客观的现实,然而,仲夏中午恰值全世界冰川融化大好时节,我外套长裤全副武装,为何仍然感觉浑身发抖?且慢,在高智商同胞告诫我温度不过为即时测量之前,我想说的就是城堡闹鬼,尽管不是所有的妖魔鬼怪都选在十三号星期五出来兴风作浪,但在地表之下存有一股休眠精神,它的名字叫丹麦人霍尔格。

酣睡中,雕塑丹麦人霍尔格坐在一把椅子上,双手交叉于胸前,并架在利剑和坚盾之上休息。通往休眠巨兽之路充满荆棘坎坷,其间需要绕过弯弯曲曲黑咕隆咚的地牢,而且足有几米之深。这里油光昏暗,泛着鬼火似橘黄色灯影,水珠从上面嘀下来,不时打在游客身上。总而言之,地牢看上去不错,声音经墙壁反射发出不同回声,一排一排的拱形门洞变换出各个方向,让我们犹如置身迷宫难辨方向,好在没费多少功夫我们便找到楼梯,顺着楼梯走过去,迎面出现霍尔格沉睡雕像所在的狭小洞穴。根据书中描述,霍尔格曾是法国查理大帝旗下一位最为出色的勇士,查理大帝因反对他重返丹麦故里而不肯出资供他生活,霍尔格只好自找出路,放弃原有抱负,独身来到克伦宫地下进入休眠状态。

如果有人胆敢威胁丹麦,我将醒来保护国家。

情节发展得极具戏剧性。二战期间,霍尔格始终保持同样睡势,有人称他懒惰懈怠,但是抵抗力量巧取他的名字……多巧合哩,而我并不这么认为。

2016-07-06_Kronborg Castle-10001.JPG

2016-07-06_Kronborg Castle-50001.JPG

2016-07-06_Kronborg Castle_Moat-30001.JPG

2016-07-06_Kronborg Castle_Bed Chamber for King-20001.JPG

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星