設萬維讀者為首頁 廣告服務 技術服務 聯繫我們 關於萬維
簡體 繁體 手機版
分類廣告
版主:紅樹林
萬維讀者網 > 五 味 齋 > 帖子
A Letter To-Be-Retired Orthodontist(寫給即將退休矯牙醫生一封信)
送交者: 天邊的紅霞 2020年06月06日07:52:59 於 [五 味 齋] 發送悄悄話

2016-11-19

【Aiden in English】

Dear Dr. Bedrosian,

I never was a fan of braces. In fact, I didn’t want anything to do with teeth. Braces are a nightmare to me, surrounded by stereotypes, pain, and rumors. They became the worst thing I had ever known. Then I met my orthodontist, you. You have no idea how scared I was when I sat in that reclining chair the first time and you molded my teeth. But as time went on, I discovered more and more of a humorous side to you and learned a common passion for traveling. In what little time we met, you made it the most valuable time it could be. 

You know, a young boy like me does not understand much about extreme changes in life. However, I do understand walking away from something important, something that has been around for eternity. The feeling of realization that you will never be or see that position in life again is very emotionally strong. But as my teachers used to say, all things must come to an end. Yet it does not mean there cannot be something to take its place.

Passions are like teeth; they grow and become strong, but at some point, they all fall out or grow cavities. Yet there are always things that can be done. The old tooth is replaced by a new tooth. A cavity can be filled (lots of experience in that category). I understand that this particular passion loosening and falling out must take much to fill, so if there is one thing I recommend when you depart, it is to find a new tooth, one with a lot of strength and consistency. A tooth that you can lean and rely to bite through the hardest of problems. A tooth that is truly irreplaceable. Furthermore, brush that passion. A lot. So much that it shines and clean it to the point where nothing may hold it back. Every gym teacher in my life told me to work out. Every music tutor in my life told me to practice. Every dentist in my life told me to brush my teeth. I guess it’s my turn to tell you to brush your new tooth when it grows since it will need to be as healthy as possible. Passions can only be passions if they are treated like ones. Retirement is going to be an enormous change, and I completely understand that. But it can also be a huge opportunity to grow a new tooth, a chance for a new passion.

Your 8th-grade patient and, more importantly, friend,

Aiden

P.S.

The world is very large. 

There is much to see. 

【紅霞譯文】

親愛的貝卓申大夫:

我從不喜歡牙套,事實上,大凡與牙齒有關的事情我都不愛干。對我而言,戴牙套莫過於噩夢纏身,刻板呆滯、疼痛難忍、碎言碎語隨之接踵而來,令我大傷腦筋。天曉得我會碰上您這位矯正師,想必您無法意識到,當初我一坐上那把躺椅,眼見您親手修理自己的牙齒,心裡甭提有多緊張。好在隨着時間推移,我逐漸發覺您愛插科打諢,談吐風趣詼諧,對旅遊抱有同樣激情,儘管會診時間短暫,但每次我都受益匪淺。

您知道,像我這樣無憂無慮的少男毫無生活閱歷,然而每次走出您的診所,我常常領悟到一些至關重要的人生真諦,從今往後將再也不能繼續聆聽您的諄諄教誨,不免甚感難過。在此沿用老師們慣用言辭安撫內心,凡事有始有終,當然這麼說並非意味着該發生的事情不應發生。

激情如同牙齒越長越壯,但長到一定的時候難免脫落甚至出現缺損,好在總有辦法解決,老牙掉下來還有新牙補上去,齲洞尚可採用充填加以修復(在這方面我感同身受),我清楚整個過程前前後後無不需要勇氣逐一面對,正因如此,我建議您退休時務必培植一顆新牙,一顆充滿活力保持韌勁的新牙,這顆牙不僅助您品嘗酸甜苦辣,而且陪您度過天荒地老。除此以外,還要不斷煥發激情,並盡力為之,陽光明快的激情才是人生永葆青春的法寶。每位體育老師都提示我健身,每位音樂教授都告誡我苦練,每位牙科專家都規勸我刷牙,我認為現在該輪到自己來請求您照料這顆新牙,讓它儘可能健康生長,如果您悉心善待,激情才會永不磨蝕。退休必將給生活帶來巨大變化,我完全理解這句話的含義,但同時它也為新牙提供無限生機,讓前所未有的激情生根開花。

您的初中三年級就醫者、更偏重於朋友

兒歌

又及

世界很大,

要看的東西很多。

0%(0)
0%(0)
標 題 (必選項):
內 容 (選填項):
實用資訊
回國機票$360起 | 商務艙省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出爐:海航獲五星
海外華人福利!在線看陳建斌《三叉戟》熱血歸回 豪情築夢 高清免費看 無地區限制