分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
Capital Budapest, Hungary(匈牙利首都布达佩斯)
送交者: 天边的红霞 2020年06月23日11:23:37 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

2017-07-11

Budapest0001.JPG

【Aiden in English】

Final day? No problem. To be honest, the small cruise ship was never my style. Fine dining and conversing all night was too mature to my taste. I personally don't really care all that much about amazing, out-of-the-park food or services. What I want a cruise line to excel at is their shore excursions, especially during major ports. Such port like the capital of Hungary, Budapest.

Fun fact: Budapest used to be two separate cities: Buda and Pest. Split by the Danube River, the city features great architectural feats along its riverbanks. The Hungarian Parliament is the largest in Europe, sitting on the Pest side. These cities, once divided, grew so much that combining was the only option, resulting in becoming the capital in recent history. Not that I know much about Eastern European history.

Once again, we were going on a short panoramic tour, featuring the Gothic Matthias Church in front of Fisher's Bastion. From the exterior, much of the cathedral appeared to be normal, albeit a beautiful scene with the diamond pattern roof tiles and gargoyles laden spire in the 14th century. On the contrary, at first glance of the interior, one would think that it would actually be a mosque. This was because of the eastern style of the paintings and artwork on the walls. The colorful medieval paintings, stone carvings, and curvy styled decor demonstrate the eastern intentions. One particular portrait along the main entrance showed King Matthias, as well with his bearing of arms, a raven with a gold ring. By his side, two knights dressed in black armor, symbolizing the black army of Hungary. Formerly working for the Hungarian Habsburg King, after his death, the black army became mercenaries and raided their own country. Fun fact, Vlad "the Impaler" Dracula once was general of this army.

To lay it on the line, I'm very grateful for this style of cathedral. Ever since I began touring this trip of the Danube Castles and Legends, it's been stained glass, marble pillars, symmetry, and squares. This cathedral, not only was decorated completely differently from the rest of Roman Catholic, but it also wasn't perfectly symmetric. If one was keen enough, he or she might notice the slightest shifts of the door and windows to the left. An outside view revealed nothing, yet the interior gave away the lacking technology at the time of construction. Minor points, but all evidence of the spectacular had the difference between this cathedral and others.

Today, however, marks the end of my European journey. The Danube River, our main objective, was complete, even though only traveling a small portion of is depressing. The silver lining: There is a further opportunity in the future. This river flows along some of the most musical and historic areas in the world, and I'm glad mom and I went on this stretch of the river, experiencing great moments in music, history, and scenery.

Granted, it is becoming a familiar sight, visiting Europe. To be straight with you, this continent deserves more attention, especially with such a vibrant history. The Asian cultures, even with older age, is nothing like the interactions of early western civilizations. North America, with an exciting three hundred years, has way too short a history. So, if there is a continent to continuously explore, I can't think of a better place than Europe.

Final fun fact: I'm coming back to Europe next month for another river cruise. With Viking River Cruise once again, mom and I are going to discover the Rhine River. Spoilers, mom believes the Rhine River is much better. I guess I'll have to see.

【红霞译文】

到了最后一天? 没错。说句心里话,小型游轮从来都不符合我的风格,正式点餐彻夜长聊并非合乎我的胃口,其实本人根本不在意高大上的食物与服务,关键在于游轮能否提供优质岸上游览项目,特别是在停靠像匈牙利首都布达佩斯这样的主要港口期间。

趣闻轶事之一,布达佩斯原为两座独立的城市:布达与佩斯,多瑙河把它们分割开来,河岸两侧各自彰显辉煌的建筑成就。位于佩斯一侧匈牙利议会大厦堪称欧洲第一,两城合并之前,双方发展迅速,彼此结合已然大势所趋,布达佩斯这样才在近代史上成为一国之都,我对东欧历史了解仅此而已。

我们再次选择短时全城巡游,重点参观渔人堡前的哥特式马加什教堂,尽管十四世纪安装的钻石图案瓦及滴水嘴尖顶养眼好看,但外表整体形象显得非常普通。相反地,乍看它的内部结构还以为是一座清真寺,毕竟墙上不乏东方绘画风格和艺术作品,色彩斑斓的中世纪绘画、石雕以及曲线式装饰带有东方元素。从主门入内,马加什国王画像格外引人注目,以及盾徽与上面罩有金色光环的乌鸦,国王身边有两位身着漆黑盔甲的骑士,象征着匈牙利黑军,黑军曾效力于哈布斯堡国王,在他死后摇身变成雇佣军并转而突袭自己的国家。趣闻轶事之二:弗拉德三世曾任这支部队的将军。

老实说,见到这种类型的大教堂我深感喜悦。自从“多瑙河城堡与传说”之旅开始即日起,一路上看过不少彩色玻璃、大理石柱子、对称结构和街心花园,这座大教堂不仅一反罗马天主教建筑常规,而且也不完全对称。假如有人真喜欢内部布局,那么他/她或许会注意到门窗有点偏左,从外面看不出有什么名堂,可在里面却能发现当初修建时技术水平有限,附带提一下,正因其独到之处才使得它与众不同。

然而今天标志着我欧洲之行全部结束,虽然整个旅途因涉足区域不大而有所惋惜,但我们终究实现了主要目标──多瑙河,凡事总尚存一线希望:将来有机会再来。多瑙河流经天底下一些最具音乐性最富历史性的地区,很高兴我和妈妈一起顺流而下,共同体尝音乐、历史、美景所带来的愉悦时刻。

诚然,只有到欧洲来才会对它的一切逐渐熟悉起来。直白好了,这片土地一向充满活力,值得引起更多关注。亚洲历史悠久,传统文化不像早期西方文明相互联系。北美洲三百年间日新月异,毕竟历史太短。由此说来,如果想要不断探索新大陆,我没法想出比欧洲更加合适的地方。

最后趣闻轶事:下个月我要来欧洲另外一条航线,依旧是维京河流游轮,到时我和妈妈将去莱茵河采风。烧包族哟,妈妈坚信莱茵河更好玩,我还是看后再做定论。

Today in History(历史上的今天):

2016: Belfast—Linenopolis, NIR(北爱尔兰贝尔法斯特—亚麻大都会)

2016: Gaelic Towns, NIR(北爱尔兰爱尔兰盖尔村镇)

2016: Glens of Antrim, NIR(北爱尔兰安特里姆峡谷)

2016: Antrim Coast Road A2, NIR(北爱尔兰安特里姆海岸A2公路)

2016: County Antrim the Lone Ridge, NIR(北爱尔兰安特里姆郡—孤独的农场)

2016: Giant's Causeway of NIR, UK(北爱尔兰巨人堤道)

2014: YMCA Camp—Outdoor Pool-2(基督教青年会营戏水池之二)

Crosslink(相关博文):

Hungary (出游匈牙利)

Europe(欧洲掠影)

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖