设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
Ninth-Grade Winter English Reading(高一寒假阅读作业)
送交者: 天边的红霞 2020年07月07日05:54:59 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

2017-12-22

【Aiden in English】

Hello,

I wanted to let you know that your child has been assigned some reading for the holiday break (12/25/2017-01/01/2018). I hesitate to give homework over a holiday, but I felt that it was necessary for us to stay on pace. Just to clarify the assignment, please note the following items.

Chapters 9 through 14 are due in Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. This is about 40 pages of reading. The due date is Wednesday, January 3rd of 2018, so it is not due the day we return. That day, January 2nd, students will have most of the class to read, so they should be able to finish a chapter or so during class.  Also, I let the kids know about it on Wednesday, and we've had no homework the last two nights, so there's a good chance they've already begun.  

Given all this, I hope you'll agree that this is not an especially burdensome amount of work. Nevertheless, I'm sure some of you will hear some complaints, so I hope this information will help you talk them through it!

Thank you for your support and I hope you have a pleasant holiday.

Regards,  

Mr. English Teacher

【红霞译文】

大家好:

谨此告知家长有关令爱令郎寒假(2017/12/25圣诞节―2018/01/01元旦)少许阅读作业的安排,其实为节日布置课外作业我犹豫不决,但毕竟为了保持进度,我还得针对作业问题,敬请各位注意如下事项。

英国作家查尔斯·狄更斯长篇小说《远大前程》第九~十四章需要阅读完毕,前后大约有四十页,截至日期为二〇一八年元月三号星期三,并非是返校当天;元月二号上课那天,同学们大部分时间都用来阅读,因此人人差不多可以完成个把章节。星期三课堂上,我也会跟学生讲明这两天没有家庭作业,好让他们趁机攻克阅读。

谈到这里,我期待能得到各位家长的共识,这种安排尚不至于引起什么负担。不管怎样,我敢保证难免有人怨声载道,仅求你们心中有数,向孩子透彻解释课业要求。

感谢大家支持,祝愿节日愉快。

致礼!

英语老师

Today in History(历史上的今天):

2013: Big-O-Points over the Indian Ocean(游戏积分)

2012: Valparaiso—Jewel of the Pacific, Chile(智利瓦尔帕莱索港—太平洋明珠)

2010: 二年级螺旋教学法(Spiral Approach)

2017-08-25_PHL_Downtown-10001.JPG

Crosslink(相关博文):

6th Grade Argumentative─Homework(初一议论文─论家庭作业)

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2019: 如果小时候注射了水痘疫苗,让人得水痘
2019: 重贴:笑死我了。我对一个新认识的同阵