设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
Second Marking Period of Ninth Grade(高一第二学制)
送交者: 天边的红霞 2020年07月07日12:20:28 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

2018-01-26

【Aiden in English】

Okay. It wasn’t that bad. I guess…

End of the second marking period of the 9th grade. Grades are in. I’m not too happy.

Although I maintained an A average for every class, it was a bit of a struggle. Two classes, Latin and Biology, were narrowly passed with some nervous moments near the end of the marking period. Speaking of which, semester changes had just come around, and a lot of people were freaking out about new classes. I didn’t have any changes, but some newcomers got shuffled into my classes, possibly due to schedule issues.

New marking period, new me…just kidding. You know, whenever a milestone regarding time is reached, like New Year’s Day or Thanksgiving, everyone wants to be different, be someone else. 

Personally, these objectives aren’t exactly all reliable or even helpful. The boost of moral energy from the New Year barely can last through three weeks for most people. Besides, a New Year’s resolution should be smaller, daily, and change character, not long-term physical attributes.

With that all said, I want to be a better student…still kidding. I will stubbornly say my study habits are alright. Although it doesn’t involve studying every night, I have easily kept up in certain areas. Others, not so much. However, this allows me to prioritize my classes and refocus my energy. Why study a math course of Pre-Calculus that you barely try and still end up with a 95%? Move the priority to a more needing section, like biology. Realizing that it may be more difficult than I thought, I kind of added a bit more effort into that class, and came out with an A. Not bad, but I know I can pour in some more effort into that area.

So, in conclusion, the major takeaway from a shaky first semester of high school is to manage your resources. Resources include time, activities, as well as energy. Why spend an entire night looking through math notes and previous assignments when the entire point of math is to apply fundamentals and the skills you already have? Other than formulas, the only other things you need are basics and a charged calculator.

Therefore, look in the direction of science, where there are no basics (at least, not this level). Memorize the characteristics of DNA and how the replication process occurs. Memorize the positions and valence electrons of carbon on the periodic table. Spend energy on taking notes, watching videos, and asking friends for answers. 

That is the biggest change I will make next semester of the 9th grade.

【红霞译文】

马马虎虎,没那么糟糕,我估计……

高一第二学制结束,成绩全部达标,而我并不太满意。

尽管本人每门平均成绩都达到A以上,但得来实属不易,拉丁语和生物学两门功课死活让我揪心揪肺,直到本学制末了总算有了交代,按说高中新生活不过刚刚开始,很多学生仍对新修课程茫然无知,好在我所选定的科目没啥改动,倒是班上进进出出冒出不少陌生面孔,可能因课时变化所致。

新学制、新姿态……吹个牛皮而已,要知道一旦到了像元旦或感恩节这样的里程碑时刻,人人都想标新立异与众不同。

在我看来,即兴而设的目标并不十分靠谱甚至毫无用处,辞岁感言多半撑不过仨周,毕竟新年决心本为日间小小心愿,借以抒发志向,根本不会持之以恒。

既然大家都这么认为,我想成为一位出色的学生……继续开个玩笑。我执意说自己的学习方法对路,即使不必每晚复习,本人照样能轻松把握某些课程进度,而其它课程则没那么容易,这反倒教我合理分配精力,好钢用在刀刃上。假如在初级微积分上毋庸费力就能考过95分,何苦还要多花功夫?不如优先考虑较劲的科目,譬如生物学,之前无法想象难度多大,因此我非得加倍努力才能拿下A,目的达到了,但我清楚在这方面应投注更多力气。

综上所述,高一上学期之所以波动起伏,其关键问题在于支配资源,这里资源指的是时间、活动及精力。数学充其量是门基础学科,你一旦融会贯通,为什么还要把整个晚自习时间耗在查看课堂笔记和以往作业上呢?除了公式之外,唯一需要的东西只有基本原理和充电的计算器。

因此索性把目光瞄准科学,那可没有什么基础知识好谈(至少在现有水平上),记住脱氧核糖核酸的特性及其复制过程;死背元素周期表中碳的归属和价电子数;好好写笔记、看录像、跟朋友讨答案。

这是高一下学期我所面临的最大变化。

Today in History(历史上的今天):

2011: 唠叨(Blah-Blah-Blah)

2009: 阿鲁巴—开心之岛(One Happy Island, Aruba)

2018-01-04_Fox-20001.JPG

Crosslink(相关博文):

2017: Second Marking Period of Eighth Grade(初三第二学制)

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2019: 如果小时候注射了水痘疫苗,让人得水痘
2019: 重贴:笑死我了。我对一个新认识的同阵