设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:英豪big-apple
万维读者网 > 高山流水 > 帖子
Money Never Sleeps(改进版)
送交者: 直言 2018年05月19日17:05:31 于 [高山流水] 发送悄悄话

Gordon Gecko在电影Wall Street中著名的演讲。改了几个过于明显的错。

You are all pretty much screwed. You do not know it yet, but you are the ninja generation: No income, no job, no assets. You’ve got a lot to look forward to.

Someone reminded me the other evening that I once said, greed is good. Now it seems it's legal. We are all drinking the same kool-aid.

But it is greed that makes my bartender buy three houses he cannot afford with no money down. And it is greed that makes your parents refinance their 200,000 dollar mortgage for 250,000 dollars. Now they take that extra 50,000 dollars and go to the shopping mall so they can buy a new plasma TV, cell phones, computers and an SUV. And hey, why not a second home while we are at it. Gee wiz, we all know the prices of houses in America always go up. Right?

It is greed that makes the government of this country cut the interest rates to 1% after 9/11 so we can all go shopping again.

They got all these fancy names for trillions of dollars for credit, CMO, CDO, SIV, ABS. You know I honestly think there are only 75 people in the world that know what they are.

But I will tell you what they are, they are WMDs. Weapons of mass destruction.

When I was away, it seemed that greed got greedier, with a little bit of envy mixed in. Hedge fund managers came home with 50 to 100 million bucks a year.

So Mr. Banker, he looks around and says: My life looks pretty boring. So he starts leveraging his interest up to 40%, 50% to 100%. With your money, not his. Yours. Because he could. You are supposed to be borrowing not them.

And the beauty of the deal is no one is responsible. Because everyone is drinking the same kool-aid.

Last year, ladies and gentlemen, 40% of all corporate profits came from the financial services industry. Not production, not anything remotely to do with the needs of the American public.

The truth is we are all part of it now. Banks, consumers they are all moving the money around in circles. We take a buck, we shoot it full of steroids and we call it leverage. I call it steroid banking.

Now I have been considered a pretty smart guy when it comes to finance. And maybe I was in prison too long, but sometimes it is the only place to stay sane. And look out from the bars and say, hey is everyone out there nuts? 

It is clear as a bell to those who pay attention. The mother of all evil is speculation. Leverage debt. The bottom line: it is borrowing to the hilt. And I hate to tell you this, but it is a bankrupt business model.

It will not work. It is systemic, malignant and its global. Like cancer, it is a disease. And we got to fight back. How we going to do that? How we are going to leverage that disease back in our favor? 

I will tell you, three words ...

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2017: 【花王芍药 - 朝苞夕蕊 ★ 乐在其中~