设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:
万维读者网 > 新 大 陆 > 帖子
Kant - 2
送交者: 黑石头 2016年04月29日10:38:33 于 [新 大 陆] 发送悄悄话

Kant – 2

Now what is the opposite of autonomy for Kant? He invested a special term to describe the opposite of autonomy.

Heteronomy is the opposite of autonomy. When I act heteronomously, I am acting according to an inclination or a desire that I haven’s chosen for myself. So freedom is autonomy, is this especially stringent idea that Kant insist on. Now why is autonomy, to opposite of acting heteronomously, according to the dictates of nature? Kant’s point is that nature is governed by laws, laws of cause and effect for example. Suppose you drop a billiard ball and it falls to the ground. We wouldn’t say the billiard ball is acting freely. Why not? It’s acting according to the law of cause and effect, the law of gravity. And just as he has a demanding conception of morality. To act freely is not to choose the best means to a given end, it’s to choose the end itself for its own sake. And that’s something that human beings can do and that billiard ball can’t. Insofar we act on inclination or pursue pleasure. We act as means to the realization of ends given outside us. We are instruments rather than authors of the purposes we pursue. That’s the heteronomous determination of the will.

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2015: 走马观花逛伦敦(三)—伦敦塔,唐人街和
2015: 初到美国注意的生活细节