設萬維讀者為首頁 廣告服務 技術服務 聯繫我們 關於萬維
簡體 繁體 手機版
分類廣告
版主:
萬維讀者網 > 新 大 陸 > 帖子
職場拼搏:10個最糟糕的面試提問
送交者: 金歌 2012年10月30日23:48:28 於 [新 大 陸] 發送悄悄話

“So, do you have any questions for me?” This common refrain toward the close of a job interview can make even the best of us stammer when the tables are turned. But with the national unemployment rate over 8%, sharp interview skills are more important than ever.

“那麼,你有什麼想問的嗎?”這個面試結束前最常見的問題能讓即使原本處於上風的面試者也頓時變得結結巴巴。在失業率超過8%的當前趨勢下,面試技巧的掌握比以往任何時候都具有意義。

Most employers agree that, “No, I have no questions,” is the worst possible response. “The most frustrating thing for a recruiter is when you don’t have any questions at all,” says recruiter Abby Kohut of AbsolutelyAbby.com.

很多招聘人員都同意“不了,我沒什麼想問的”這樣的回答是他們認為最糟糕的回覆。“對於公司的招聘人員來說,沒什麼比應聘者毫無疑問更讓人沮喪的事情了。”Absolutely網站的招聘者,Abby Kohut說道。

We asked professional recruiters to brief us on the top ten most common interview questions to scratch off our lists immediately.

我們向專業招聘人員要來了“10個最糟糕的面試提問”,這些問題應該立馬從我們的腦子裡刪除。

1. Anything related to salary or benefits

1.關於薪水和福利的任何事,都不要問

“Company benefits [and salary negotiations] don’t come into play until an offer has been extended,” says Kohut. The same principle applies to sick time and vacation days. It’s best to avoid any question that sounds like you assume you already have the position–unless, of course, your interviewer brings it up first.

“除非已正式僱傭,否則公司的薪水、福利以及關於薪水的談判永遠都不會展現給應聘者,”Kohut說道。同樣,病假、假期等相關的問題也不能問。除非對方已經暗示你將得到這份工作,否則,不要提出任何以上提到的問題,這會讓人覺得你已有勝券在握的感覺。

2. Questions that start with “why?”

2.不要提出任何以“為什麼”開頭的問題

Why? It’s a matter of psychology. These kinds of questions put people on the defensive, says Kohut. She advises repositioning a question such as, “Why did the company lay off people last year?” to a less confrontational, “I read about the layoffs you had. What’s your opinion on how the company is positioned for the future?”

為什麼呢?因為這是個心理學問題。以“為什麼”開頭的問題會讓人變得具有防禦意識,Kohut解釋道。她建議可以換個方式問問題,比如,把“為什麼貴公司去年要裁員?”的問題巧妙轉變成:“我聽說去年貴公司裁員了一部分人,請問,您對於公司未來的定位有什麼看法?”

3. “Who is your competition?”

3.“我的競爭者都有些誰?”

This is a great example of a question that could either make you sound thoughtful … or totally backfire and reveal that you did zero research about the company prior to the interview, says Jacqui Barrett-Poindexter of CareerTrend.net. Before asking any question, determine whether it’s something you could have figured out yourself through a Google search. If it is, a) don’t ask it and b) do that Google search before your interview!

這個問題是把雙刃劍,它也許會讓你顯得考慮周全…也可能帶來出其不意的反效果,讓用人單位覺得你根本沒有事先做好對公司的研究、也絲毫不重視這次面試——來自CareerTrend網站的Jacqui Barrett-Poindexter說道。在問出任何一個問題前,請先自問:這個問題我能不能自己用google找到答案?如果能,那麼,請1)千萬別問這個問題2)面試前先用google搜一搜!

4. “How often do reviews occur?”

4.“公司多久對員工進行一次評估?”

Maybe you’re concerned about the company’s view of your performance, or maybe you’re just curious, but nix any questions about the company’s review or self-appraisal policies. “It makes us think you’re concerned with how often negative feedback might be delivered,” says Kohut. Keep your confidence intact, and avoid the topic altogether–or at least until you receive an offer.

也許你比較在乎公司對你工作表現的看法,也許你只是好奇想問這個罷了。無論如何,請拒絕任何關於員工評估或自我評價政策的問題。“這個問題會讓我們覺得,你很在乎關於自己的消極反饋多久會向上匯報一次”,Kohut說道。保持自信吧,避免這些問題——等你已經得到了這份工作再問也不遲。

5. “May I arrive early or leave late as long as I get my hours in?”

5.“在保證工作時間的前提下,我可以遲到或早退嗎?”

Even if you make it clear that you’re hoping for a flexible schedule to accommodate a legitimate concern such as picking up your kids from daycare, Barrett-Poindexter advises against this question. “While work-life balance is a very popular concern right now, it’s not the most pressing consideration for a hiring decision-maker,” she says. “Insinuating early on that you’re concerned about balancing your life may indicate to your employer that you are more concerned about your needs and less concerned about the company’s.”

即使你已經表明你的初衷只是想知道能不能彈性工作,以滿足那些合理的要求-比如去日托所接小孩-但Barrett-Poindexter建議別問這個問題。“誠然,生活和工作間的平衡是當今很流行的主題,但是對於招聘人員來講卻並不是,”她說道,“過早暗示你對工作和生活之間的平衡,可能會給你的雇主一種”此人較注重個人利益,而非公司利益”的印象。”

6. “Can I work from home?”

6.“我能在家工作嗎?”

Unless it was implied in the initial job description, don’t bring it up. “Some companies will allow you to work from home on occasion once they see what a productive employee you are,” says Kohut. But an interview isn’t the time to be asking for special favors. Right now your top priority is selling them on you first.

除非招聘啟事裡寫了這條,否則,千萬別問。“某些公司也許會同意你在家工作,前提是他們知道你是個高效率的雇員”,Kohut說。但無論如何,面試的重點是先成功把自己推薦出去,而不是急着詢問特殊待遇。

7. “Would you like to see my references?”

7.“你們想看我的推薦信嗎?”

“Interviewing is a lot like dating,” says Barrett-Poindexter. “It’s important to entice with your value and attract them to call you for the next ‘date’.” Offering up your references too soon may hint at desperation. Plus, you don’t want to run the risk of overusing your references.

“面試跟約會很相似”,Barrett-Poindexter說,“誘使用人單位給你打電話以預約下一次”見面”,這是很重要的。”但是,主動提供推薦信可能會暗示你正處於走投無路的境地。此外,推薦信的數量有限,不要濫用。

8. How soon do you promote employees?

8.你們多久會提拔一次員工?

“An individual asking this question may come off as arrogant and entitled,” says recruiter Josh Tolan of SparkHire.com.

“提出這個問題的應試者,會給人一種傲慢和自視甚高的感覺。”SparkHire網站的招聘人員Josh Tolan說道。

9. Do I get my own office?

9.我能有自己的專屬辦公室嗎?

This is an uncomfortable one, says Tolan. Of course you may wonder about it, but will something like this really play into whether you accept a career opportunity or not? If so, he says, it may be time to rethink your priorities.

這個問題讓人不舒服,Tolan說。這麼想想當然無可厚非,但是,說實在的,有沒有專屬辦公室會影響你接不接受這份工作的決定嗎?如果你回答是,那麼,請先理清自己找工作時的優先項問題。

10. Will you monitor my social networking profiles?

10.你們會監控我的社交網站動態嗎?

While a valid concern in today’s culture, this is something best left unsaid. “It gives the impression you have something to hide,” says Tolan. Play it safe and don’t post anything (especially disparaging things) about your company, co-workers or employers on Facebook, Twitter–or anywhere on the internet, really.

當今社會文化中,這的確是個可以理解的顧慮,但最好別問。“因為它會讓人覺得你想隱藏些什麼,”Tolan說道。玩的時候注意安全,別把有關公司、同事、其他雇員等東西(尤其是負面消息)放在Facebook、推特或任何其他的社交網站上面。

0%(0)
0%(0)
標 題 (必選項):
內 容 (選填項):
實用資訊
回國機票$360起 | 商務艙省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出爐:海航獲五星
海外華人福利!在線看陳建斌《三叉戟》熱血歸回 豪情築夢 高清免費看 無地區限制
一周點擊熱帖 更多>>
一周回復熱帖
歷史上的今天:回復熱帖
2010: 成都:故鄉的白天與黑夜
2008: 於錢寧娜:我不懂華人為何支持奧巴馬?