万维读者网 > 天下论坛 > 帖子
U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein to Jing Zhao
送交者: 比较政策 2014年05月21日21:54:16 于 [天下论坛] 发送悄悄话

May 16, 2014

Jing Zhao

262 Altadena Circle

Bay Point, California 94565

Dear Mr. Zhao:

Thank you for your letter concerning Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Commissioner Michael Gallagher's recent remarks about shareholder proposals. I appreciate hearing from you, and welcome the opportunity to respond.

As you discuss, in a March 27, 2014 speech before the Annual Corporate Law Institute, Commissioner Gallagher expressed concerns that the current shareholder proposal system allows corporate and activist interests a political platform at the expense of other investors. He suggested several ideas, including raising the amount of share ownership needed to submit proposals and banning proposals by proxy, to limit proposals by groups that may be interested in concerns that are political in nature or not relevant to the majority of shareholders.

I recognize you have concerns that such proposals could restrict shareholders like you from raising social justice and human rights concerns, and I appreciate your suggestion that the stock ownership threshold for submitting proposals be lowered to allow more shareholders to participate in the process. It is important to note that Commissioner Gallagher's remarks represent the views of one of five Commissioners, and his proposals would have to undergo the formal rule-making process to be implemented. Should a formal rule be proposed, you will be able to share your concerns directly with the SEC during the public comment phase via http://www.regulations.gov/. Most agencies are required to respond to all comments received during public comment periods. 

To date, no bill that would pre-empt SEC rulemaking on this matter has been introduced in Congress. However, please know that I have made note of your concerns and will keep them in mind should I have the opportunity to consider relevant legislation in the Senate.

Once again, thank you for writing to me. I appreciate knowing of your concerns, and hope you will continue to keep me informed of matters of importance to you. Should you have any further comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841. Best regards.

Sincerely,

Dianne Feinstein

United States Senator

DF:nz

Further information about my position on issues of concern to California and the nation are available at my website,Feinstein.senate.gov.    And please visit my YouTubeFacebook and Twitter for more ways to communicate with me.

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2013: 吹牛是没用的,如果毛主席算定自己必定
2013: 中共党刊长文:宪政的关键元素不属于社