設萬維讀者為首頁 廣告服務 技術服務 聯繫我們 關於萬維
簡體 繁體 手機版
分類廣告
版主:奇異恩典
萬維讀者網 > 彩虹之約 > 帖子
Post Again - Thank you, gems1
送交者: Catholic 2017年08月12日14:16:58 於 [彩虹之約] 發送悄悄話

Thank you so much for taking time to write the above. 

I am in Toronto. Strangely, over the years, i have encounters with different evangelical personals/churches but never Catholic.

On the contrary, anything of Roman Catholic Church if mentioned in the Bible study I attended, were all very negative, or even malice.

Well, you know the story.

This situation also means I now have no one, no Chinese friends or coworkers to talk to. I am not particularly looking for RCIA in Chinese, but feel that to talk to peopel who share the same backgroup - namely growing up with Confucian teaching- will help the "leap of faith".

I stumble onto Catholicism incidentally. And once the ice was broken, I almost feel ashamed that how ignorant or arrogant I had been.

I have read some books by Pope Benedict and of course C.S. Lewis. Also watched videos of Bishop Barron on Youtube.The other book that influence me deeply is the Daily Study Bible by William Barkley. I know the author was Anglican and was a little controvercial in his late years. Your comments are appreciated.

I visit the Vatican website and read the Catechism here and there.

Please kindly recommend other authors or videos too.

Honestly, many of the classic are probably beyond my intellectual level. I once borrowed The City of God and returned the book pretty much intact, and was badly laughed at this futile try.

Again, it is really my blessing to meet you on line. Thank you very much for all your help.

0%(0)
0%(0)
標 題 (必選項):
內 容 (選填項):
實用資訊
回國機票$360起 | 商務艙省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出爐:海航獲五星
海外華人福利!在線看陳建斌《三叉戟》熱血歸回 豪情築夢 高清免費看 無地區限制
一周點擊熱帖 更多>>
一周回復熱帖
歷史上的今天:回復熱帖
2016: 榮耀的教會,是沒有污點,皺紋或這類缺
2016: 依據傳統慣性而活 到回歸神話語做隨時