设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:奇异恩典
万维读者网 > 彩虹之约 > 帖子
Post Again - Thank you, gems1
送交者: Catholic 2017年08月12日14:16:58 于 [彩虹之约] 发送悄悄话

Thank you so much for taking time to write the above. 

I am in Toronto. Strangely, over the years, i have encounters with different evangelical personals/churches but never Catholic.

On the contrary, anything of Roman Catholic Church if mentioned in the Bible study I attended, were all very negative, or even malice.

Well, you know the story.

This situation also means I now have no one, no Chinese friends or coworkers to talk to. I am not particularly looking for RCIA in Chinese, but feel that to talk to peopel who share the same backgroup - namely growing up with Confucian teaching- will help the "leap of faith".

I stumble onto Catholicism incidentally. And once the ice was broken, I almost feel ashamed that how ignorant or arrogant I had been.

I have read some books by Pope Benedict and of course C.S. Lewis. Also watched videos of Bishop Barron on Youtube.The other book that influence me deeply is the Daily Study Bible by William Barkley. I know the author was Anglican and was a little controvercial in his late years. Your comments are appreciated.

I visit the Vatican website and read the Catechism here and there.

Please kindly recommend other authors or videos too.

Honestly, many of the classic are probably beyond my intellectual level. I once borrowed The City of God and returned the book pretty much intact, and was badly laughed at this futile try.

Again, it is really my blessing to meet you on line. Thank you very much for all your help.

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2016: 荣耀的教会,是没有污点,皱纹或这类缺
2016: 依据传统惯性而活 到回归神话语做随时