简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:弯刀
万维读者网 > 竞技沙龙 > 帖子
断裂:小胖德隆将加入骑士
送交者: Mayi 2017年02月25日17:48:05 于 [竞技沙龙] 发送悄悄话

Sources: Deron Williams clears waivers, informs Cavs he'll sign

Brian WindhorstESPN Senior Writer

Point guard Deron Williams has cleared waivers and has informed the Cleveland Cavaliersthat he will sign with them, sources told ESPN on Saturday.

Williams negotiated his release from the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday after he wasn't dealt at this week's trade deadline. Williams, who cannot sign with the Cavs until Monday, will sign for the rest of the season for the veteran's minimum, sources told ESPN, which will cost the Cavaliers $900,000 in salary and luxury tax.

The Cavaliers have an open roster spot and have been looking to acquire a backup point guard since September, when Mo Williams announced to the team he would not be reporting for training camp.

Guard Kyle Korver, a former teammate of Deron Williams' with the Jazz, led the Cavs' recruitment of Williams, sources told ESPN's Dave McMenamin. The team attempted to sign Williams as a free agent in 2015.

"Oh man, it didn't have to be much of a sales pitch," Korver said before the Cavs played the Chicago Bulls on Saturday when asked how he sold Williams on going to Cleveland. "He wants to be a part of an opportunity to win a championship. And just being here the whole time I've been here, and just seeing where there are some of the holes, or not holes, but where we can be better and knowing who he is and his skill set, I think it's an incredible fit. He's a guy that can play with the ball, he can play off the ball. He's a good shooter, he's a smart player. He can switch on defense, he's a bigger body. I just think he's a really good fit all around."

Korver, who has been with the Cavs only about six weeks since arriving in a trade from Atlanta, was able to share how quickly he became a part of the Cavs' culture.

"I told him this is a great team to be on," Korver said. "The locker room is amazing. Because I think you're always wondering about that in the back of your mind. Just tried to tell him that these guys are great and they're welcoming. You're going to have no problem fitting in. There's a real need for you, I think. When you have a team that's this good and has won a championship, where do you really have a hole, where do you really have a need? There's a real need for someone like him. So I said you're going to come in and, you gotta learn a little bit, but you're going to transition easily and there's a need for you and you're going to play and it's going to be fun."

Williams, who played on Team USA with LeBron James and Kevin Love, averaged 13.1 points and 6.9 assists in 40 games for Dallas this season.

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2016: 勇士-活塞,火箭-开拓,马刺-爵士
2015: 蚂蚁蚂蚁,亚冠首轮中超四队全胜。你怎