设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:弯刀
万维读者网 > 竞技沙龙 > 帖子
英国恐袭报道
送交者: Mayi 2017年03月22日15:03:39 于 [竞技沙龙] 发送悄悄话

'A guy was shouting his wife had jumped into the Thames': Eyewitnesses reveal horror of attack 

• Four people dead and 20 more injured including some with catastrophic injuries during London terror attack4x4 seen tearing over Westminster Bridge sending victims flying like skittles including one into Thames Driver crashed into railings by Parliament and sprinted through gates before 'plunging' knife into policeman Police officer shot the armed man three times and he was then taken to hospital under armed guard but died Rick Longley said: 'A guy came past my shoulder with a big knife and started plunging it into the policeman' Frazer Clarke, 25, from Burton-on-Trent, said terrorist had two knifes and stabbed officer in the head and neck Were you there? Contact news@mailonline.co.uk - send your video and pictures to pictures@mailonline.co.uk

A bus driver saw a man shouting that his wife had jumped into the River Thames in a desperate bid to escape a terrorist using a 4x4 as a weapon today.

The terror suspect, an Asian man in his 40s, ploughed along Westminster Bridge in his two-ton Hyundai SUV, frequently mounting the crowded pavement, and mowed down pedestrians like skittles. 

After crashing into Parliament's railings, he then rushed the gates and stabbed a Met police officer being being shot dead.   

One victim of the car attack was left floating face down in the Thames but was pulled from the river alive and the bridge above was strewn with the victims of the terror hit and run.

Witnesses said the aftermath was like a scene from a 'Hollywood disaster movie'. 

It left at least four people dead and more than 20 people injured including some with 'catastrophic' injuries. 

Scroll down for video 

Suspect: An Asian man in his forties, believed to be the attacker, is put on the stretcher and wheeled into an ambulance inside the grounds of Parliament with a knife left on the cobbles

Suspect: An Asian man in his forties, believed to be the attacker, is put on the stretcher and wheeled into an ambulance inside the grounds of Parliament with a knife left on the cobbles

Carnage: Westminster bridge was strewn with injured people who were treated on the road or carried to the nearby St Thomas' Hospital
Carnage: Westminster bridge was strewn with injured people who were treated on the road or carried to the nearby St Thomas' Hospital

Terrifying: One woman was found floating in the Thames after being thrown into the water but was pulled out by a boat

Terrifying: One woman was found floating in the Thames after being thrown into the water but was pulled out by a boat

The car started its path of destruction on Westminster Bridge taking out pedestrians  before the assailant sprinted from the car and stabbed the police officer before being shot

The car started its path of destruction on Westminster Bridge taking out pedestrians  before the assailant sprinted from the car and stabbed the police officer before being shot

The killer driver aimed at a group of tourist taking selfies in front of Big Ben and armed with two knifes stabbed an officer protecting Parliament in the head and neck. 

He began his rampage on Westminster Bridge, hitting and injuring a number of members of the public, including three police officers.

Timeline: How terror came to Westminster

2.40pm: An attacker mows down several pedestrians as he drives a Hyundai i40 across Westminster Bridge before crashing it into railings then running through the gates of the Palace of Westminster and stabbing a police officer

2.41pm: Metropolitan Police and London Ambulance Service are called to a major incident

3.35pm: Police say the attack is being treated 'as a terrorist incident until we know otherwise'

4.10pm: Junior doctor at St Thomas' Hospital says one woman has died and a number of others have been hurt - including some with 'catastrophic' injuries

4.45pm: Paramedics confirm they have treated at least ten patients on Westminster Bridge

4.49pm: Police Commander BJ Harrington says there were 'a number of casualties' in the attack 'including police officers'.

4.51pm: Downing Street spokesman says Prime Minister Theresa May will chair a meeting of the Government's emergency Cobra committee later

5.40pm: Sources reveal the police officer stabbed at Parliament has died

6.01pm: Police say four people were killed in the attack, including the police officer and a man believed to be the attacker

6.56pm: Home Secretary Amber Rudd says the Government's top priority following the attack is 'the security of its people'

Michael Adamou, 25, was driving the 453 bus when he said he saw the grey Hyundai 4x4 speeding in the direction of Parliament.

He said: 'As I turned left out of Whitehall, so turning left to go over the bridge, I saw a car knock two people over.

'Initially I thought he's lost control of the car but then I see quite a few people rushing into Parliament and police trying to stop everyone.

'After a few seconds I just heard gunshots. Everybody on my bus was panicking.'

He said the driver 'literally started from the hospital heading towards Parliament and just mowed down whoever was in his way.

'I did not see him coming over the bridge but I saw everybody laying on the bridge, not moving.' 

Mr Adamou, who lives in central London, said he believed at least one woman had jumped into the Thames to escape.

'The first thing I saw was the two people laying lifeless on the floor. They were on the pavement.

'He must have come down the whole side of the bridge on the pavement. I would say there were at least 15 or 20 people.

'When I was getting everybody off the bus, because they made us leave the bus on the bridge, I heard one guy come running behind me shouting his wife had jumped into the river to avoid getting knocked down.'  

Witness Rob Lyon, 34, from Rugby, who works in marketing, said: 'I heard a wheel definitely hit a kerb and quite a large crunch noise, I looked up and saw a car clearly hitting people as it came towards me.

'A colleague I was with, I heard him shout but I just instinctively jumped off the pavement and I could see people getting hit. Then the car just carried on up the bridges and I just looked round me in shock.

'I just saw people being hit by a car at speed, it was harrowing. I just sort of went into shock mode.

'I just looked around me and couldn't really work out what had happened.

'I was numb it felt like I was in the middle of a Hollywood movie, you see these things but suddenly I was in the middle of it.

'My first thought is I wanted to tell my wife I was OK and my children.

'Then I wanted to check a lady I was near and I gave her coat as a pillow and waited with her.

'I called the emergency services I think I was one of the first to do so and waited with her. I couldn't see the driver. I saw it come up onto the kerb and then just drive straight. It was so quick it probably joined the pavement ten or 15 metres in front of me'.  

Kiersten Hallow told MailOnline: 'We're literally opposite where the car ploughed into the fencing.

'I saw the car mounting the cycle lane and gone into the fencing and then the next thing I could see was a cyclist, I think, or some pedestrian laying down and there was a lot of steam coming out of the car and an awful lot of noise and shouting.'  

Radoslow Sikorski, former Polish foreign minister, was in a taxi on Westminster Bridge. 

He told the BBC: 'I was just walking across the bridge when suddenly I saw a bus stopped and everybody started screaming. People came off the bus very upset and I saw what appeared to be a trainer by the side of the road and then on the other side of the road there was a body. 

'When I looked further up, there was another body and then when I looked over the side of the bridge, there appeared to be a body in the water as well.' 

Doctors at St Thomas's Hospital – which is at the south end of the bridge – raced out to help, and described finding 'catastrophic injuries'.

Colleen Anderson, a junior doctor, said: 'I was on the ward and we all just went out and helped and got blankets. We are trained for these events.

'I walked past about nine injuries, some weren't so significant. Some were unconscious, some regained consciousness.' 

Stage one: Terrified witnesses today described watching a terrorist using a 4x4 as a weapon sending pedestrians flying like skittles including one victim who was thrown from Westminster Bridge (pictured) 

Stage one: Terrified witnesses today described watching a terrorist using a 4x4 as a weapon sending pedestrians flying like skittles including one victim who was thrown from Westminster Bridge (pictured) 

Stage 2: The killer driver was seen speeding along Westminster Bridge mounting the pavement and running down 20 or more people

Stage 2: The killer driver was seen speeding along Westminster Bridge mounting the pavement and running down 20 or more people

An injured man is assisted after a 4x4 ploughed into pedestrians on Westminster Bridge

An injured man is assisted after a 4x4 ploughed into pedestrians on Westminster Bridge

Stage three: The attacker sent victims flying like skittles including one who was thrown into the river but was pulled out alive

Stage three: The attacker sent victims flying like skittles including one who was thrown into the river but was pulled out alive

Stage four: The terrorist crashed into more people next to Parliament including pedestrians and a cyclist

Stage four: The terrorist crashed into more people next to Parliament including pedestrians and a cyclist

Stage five: The killer ran from the driving seat, around the corner and then towards the main gates used by cars

Stage five: The killer ran from the driving seat, around the corner and then towards the main gates used by cars

Stage six: He ran through the gates on the left and side of the picture and chasing into the yard where MPs are picked up and stabbed a policeman with a seven inch knife

Stage six: He ran through the gates on the left and side of the picture and chasing into the yard where MPs are picked up and stabbed a policeman with a seven inch knife

Stage seven: A police officer shot the terrorist (pictured top left) from around 10 yards and then twice more and the stabbed officer was treated at scene (bottom right)

Stage seven: A police officer shot the terrorist (pictured top left) from around 10 yards and then twice more and the stabbed officer was treated at scene (bottom right)

Steve Voake, 55, was walking across the Westminster Bridge towards the South Bank when he saw the aftermath.

He said he saw at least two bodies lying on the road and one in the water.

'I saw a trainer lying in the road and when I looked more closely I saw that there were a couple of bodies the other side of the road,' he told the Press Association.

'And when I looked over the side there was another body lying in the water with blood all around it.'

Four university students were injured as they were caught up in the attack.

They were among a group of 13 students and a lecturer from Edge Hill University, in Ormskirk, who were on the first day of a two-day educational visit to the Houses of Parliament. 

Among those injured were Owen Lambert, 18, from Morecambe, who needed stitches to a head wound, and Travis Frain, from Darwen, in Lancashire. 

Travis's mother, Angela Frain, told the Guardian he was in 'good spirits' and in hospital. He reportedly suffered a cracking rib and minor injuries to his hand and arm in the attack.

Mrs Frain said: 'I have spoken to him at 20 past three and I know he's okay. I'm waiting to hear back; his phone's actually dead at the moment. He's at the hospital with a police officer and his phone's on charge so I haven't spoken to him properly.

'The police officer just said he was in good spirits and he's waiting to be x-rayed. I think that's just for minor injuries. I haven't got any information at all [about his injuries]; when I spoke to him at 20 past three it was just a quick call to say that he was okay. I'm hoping to hear back from him in the next few hours but at this point that's the only information I have.' 

Three French school pupils were fighting for their lives after one reportedly ended up on the car's bonnet. 

The pupils, who are believed to be 15 or 16 and attend the private Lycée Saint- Joseph in Concarneau, Brittany, had been on a school trip to London.

Fellow pupils told of how they were 'seconds' from death after the driver targeted them.

One boy, named only as Kilian, said: 'We saw the car smash into a group. 20 seconds later and it would have been us,' Le Telegramme reported.

Another, named only as Johan, told French newspaper Ouest France: 'The car hit three boys, we all had the reflexes to move back.

'Then the bloke got out the car and started to run towards Parliament. We heard the two gun shots. Then I saw people on the ground, I think they had been stabbed.'  

A Romanian couple on holiday are also thought to be among the injured. Andrei, an engineer in his mid-20s, and Andreea, his girlfriend, were caught up in the attack.

Retired surveyor Patrick Tracey, said he believed Andreea had been severely injured while Andrei had suffered an injury to his leg after being hit by the car.

Mr Tracey, 64, from Derby, said he arranged to meet the pair by the London Eye and Andrei had called him to tell him he had lost Andrea.

A message on the Romanian Embassy's Facebook said two of the country's citizens had been injured and taken to local hospitals. 

Kirsten Hurrell, 70, who owns a news stand at the scene, said she heard the car crashing into fencing surrounding parliament and initially thought there had been an accident.

'I heard a couple of shots which I now know are gunshots so I began to realise it was something a little more serious,' she told AFP.

'There was a lot of shouting going on...and a lot of police presence coming from everywhere.'  

American tourist Bradford Buck added: 'A car had ploughed into the gate and a man was on the ground curled into the foetal position. Someone was treating him but he looked in a very bad way.

'There was a lot of commotion. Armed police clutching machine guns swooped in and told us to get back. Nobody knew what was going on. It was a very nerve-wracking experience.' 

Turmoil: 20 people have been ploughed into by the car by the terrorist who was shot dead in the courtyard of Parliament

Turmoil: 20 people have been ploughed into by the car by the terrorist who was shot dead in the courtyard of Parliament

After crashing his car into railings outside Parliament, the attacker leapt from the vehicle and approached the main vehicle entrance to the Westminster complex.

He apparently breached the gates for his final murderous stand-off with police with relative ease, running through, before immediately attacking a police officer in high-visibility gear.

The officer was backing away as he was attacked and finally tumbled over backwards.  

One of those who witnessed the horror was Frazer Clarke, 25, from Burton-on-Trent, who said: 'He was stabbing the police officer with the knives. The police officer was stumbling and fell on the floor'.

Pat McCormack, 21, from Washington in Tyne-on-Wear added: 'I saw him stabbing the officer in the back of the head and the back of the neck. He was running away but then he collapsed.' 

The attacker then began to run across the yard in the direction of the entrance to Westminster Hall. As he ran, witnesses saw a plain-clothes police officer running towards him, holding a handgun, which was pointed at the attacker. He shouted a warning, but the attacker kept running.

Witnesses described hearing several shots, before the attacker collapsed on the ground. 

Foreign Office minister Tobias Ellwood - a former Army officer whose brother died in the Bali terrorist bombing in 2002 - attempted mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on the injured police officer.  

He tried to administer first aid to the stabbed police officer and was pictured covered in blood as he desperately performed mouth-to-mouth.

A woman police officer next to him looked utterly distraught as paramedics joined the effort but it became increasingly clear it was a lost cause.

When it was over, she was led away close to tears while Mr Ellwood looked shocked and defeated.  

A few feet away, a separate team of medics were working to save the life of the terrorist.

He lay with his bloodied knife by his feet. An armed police officer was standing on the knife and pointing his rifle at the killer. 

A former Army soldier made a desperate attempt to revive the stabbed policeman after witnessing the attack.

Tony Davis, a coach for the British Lionhearts boxing team, went to help the stricken police officer moments after he was stabbed.

He was due to be at the House of Commons with students from the Hammersmith Boxing Academy in West London to launch a community project.

A team-mate, who asked not to be named, told the Guardian: 'The attacker has two knives and was stabbing the officer. Then, shots rang out and the attacker fell to the floor.

'Tony jumped over a fence and ran to the police officer and tried to revive him. The officer started to fit, but Tony was still working on him.

'There were lots of officers around, but they were trying to revive both men.' 

Mail journalist Quentin Letts saw the incident out of the window of a Commons office. 

He told MailOnline: 'We heard this sound like a car crash. Then we saw a thick set man in black clothes come through the gates where people would normally drive cars.

'This man had something in his hand. It looked like a stick or a stave, it was quite long. He was challenged by two policemen in yellow jackets at the gates.

'One of the policemen fell down. He seemed to be stabbed four or five times.

'The other policeman got away and ran to get help.'

'It was very, very quick to come. As this attacker was running toward the entrance used by MPs to go into the House of Commons, he made it about 15 yards. Then two plain clothes guys came out of Westminster Hall with guns.

'They shouted at him, uttered what sounded like a warning. Then they shot two to three times and he fell.'  

Labour MP Mary Creagh, who was confronted by crowds and armed guards on her way to parliament, spoke of 'a real sense of panic'.

'I was met by about 40 people running towards me saying: 'Get back, get back, there's been a shooting!'' she said.

She added: 'It was very, very frightening.' 

Richard Jones, a 31-year-old bar manager, who reached the scene just after the attack said he saw police cars and ambulances arriving along with an initial six police officers.

He said: 'After a few seconds, another 25 police officers in full tactical gear with helmets and body armour, and then they stormed into the Houses of Parliament.

'Then they started to evacuate the MPs in black unmarked police cars.' 

In the aftermath of the attack, the hundreds of people inside Parliament were warned to stay away from any windows before being evacuated.

Armed police from the Met's elite terror squad combed the estate to ensure it was secure keeping people in the 900-year-old Westminster Hall. 

Prime Minister Theresa May was later seen being bundled into the back seat of her silver Jaguar surrounded by armed guards. 

A counter-terrorism investigation is already under way, police said.   

HUNDREDS OF TOURISTS TRAPPED ON LONDON EYE 

Hundreds of tourists were trapped on the London Eye For three hours while the terror attack unfolded below them.

Teachers were seen comforting groups of crying schoolchildren and as police cars swarmed to the bridge, a short distance away.

Christina Lewis, who lives in Camden, described 'screams' as the wheel ground to a halt.

The 26-year-old said: 'It was scary at first everybody screamed and we thought the wheel had broken.'

Tourists were eventually brought down from the Eye and led to the nearby Sea Life Centre where their details were taken by police.

One Portuguese woman was seen sobbing as she left the area.

Her husband said: 'She's crying because she is pregnant. My baby will be born with lots of adrenaline running around its body. We didn't see much, just people on the bridge. It wouldn't put us off coming to London again.'

Kody Davis, from Utah, said: 'We saw all the sirens coming from the bridge we saw a lot of stretchers, it was scary not knowing what was going on.

'At first it just looked like a small accident on the bridge. At first we were pleased it (the London Eye) had stopped because it was safe up there. We were up there maybe two or three hours.

'We immediately thought it was a terror attack. That's the world we live in right now.'

Jack Hutchinson, 16, who was visiting London with his parents from Boston, was stuck at the top of the London Eye for three hours.

He said: 'I saw all the ambulances over towards Westminster street and that's what alerted me first.

'I saw the bodies and I saw the police running around on the police and I thought wow, that's probably something important. I was terrified.'

Jack's father, Jim Hutchinson, said: 'We were one of the last groups to board the Eye.

'We didn't see the assailant do anything but we did see three different people wounded on the bridge.

'One of the thing that struck us was how long the medics were spending with the victims on the ground so we were wondering what they hell is going on.

'I thought they weren't moving patients quickly because they were all dead.

'We wondered is there any other incident that's going to happen related to this because sometimes with these terrorist attacks it's not just one person or one assailant doing one thing, it's a coordinated series of things happening so some people wondered... will anything happen in the Eye.

'But then three hours of nothing happened and they relaxed. We were up there for three straight hours and it got a bit tedious and long.'

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2016: 要开庭了,FBI对苹果说:暂先休战一会
2016: 黑到底应让白几目? – 阿狗可给出答案