Bay Point, CA. 94565

November 6, 2014

Corporate Secretary

Symantec Corporation

350 Ellis Street

Mountain View,CA94043

Re: Shareholder Proposal on International Policy Committee 

Dear Secretary:

Enclosed please find my shareholder proposal for inclusion in our proxy materials for the 2015 annual meeting of shareholders and a letter of my shares ownership.  I will continuously hold these shares until the 2015 annual meeting of shareholders.

Should you have any questions, please contact me at 1-925-643-xxxx or zhao.cpri@gmail.com.

Yours truly,

Jing Zhao

Enclosure: Shareholder proposal

Letter of Jing Zhao’s shares ownership

Shareholder Proposal on International Policy Committee

Resolved: shareholders recommend that Symantec Corporation (the Company) establish an International Policy Committee with outside independent experts to oversee the Company's policies and practice regarding environment, human rights, social responsibility, regulations, and other international issues that may affect the Company's operations, performance, reputation, and shareholders’ value.

Supporting Statement

According to the Company Annual Report 2014, “Symantec operates one of the largest global threat-intelligence network, and provides leading security, backup and availability solutions.” (p.4) “[W]e employed more than 20,800 people worldwide, approximately 44% of whom reside in the U.S.” (p.10)  The Company operates “in more than 50 countries” (p.4) and the international net revenue has been 52% for three years 2012-14 (p.41).  However, none of the three primary committees (Audit, Compensation, and Nomination & Governance) or other committees (if the Company has) has the capability and function to deal with the increasing complicated international issues regarding environment, human rights, social responsibility, and regulations, which are also related the legitimacy of the Company’s operation worldwide.

Especially in the dynamic Asia Pacific region, where the Company leased 1,986 square foot out of total 3,871 square foot worldwide (ibid. p. 26), the Company’s core business has great opportunities as well as challenges.  The Chinese government has increased regulatory pressures to foreign ICT companies.  The Japanese government has utilized the 1989 Tiananmen Tragedy to abandon its peace constitution, towards rearmament and militarization to mislead the U.S. under the U.S.-Japan Security Treaties to crash with the rising power of a nationalistic China.  

Partly to respond to my proposals (which I withdraw), Microsoft established a similar policy committee in 2012.  It is time for the Company to establish an international policy committee to deal with today’s complicated international affairs affecting our business.

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2013: 如何判断调整是否到位把握及时抄底
2013: 金银短线有望继续探底