Concord, CA 94519

October 14, 2017

Twitter, Inc.

Attention: Secretary

1355 Market Street, Suite 900

San Francisco, CA 94103

Re: Stockholder Proposal on Public Policy Committee

Dear Secretary:

Enclosed please find my stockholder proposal for inclusion in the proxy materials for the 2018 annual meeting of stockholders and the letter of my Twitter shares.  I will continuously hold these shares until the 2018 annual meeting of stockholders. 

I would also suggest that Twitter have an email account to receive stockholder’s proposal and other communications, as the SEC and many companies do.  I received the shares letter tonight Saturday from TD Ameritrade so I will send out this proposal next Monday when the Post office is open. I hope Twitter will not utilize this situation as a base to exclude my proposal.

Should you have any questions, please contact me at 1-925-643-**** or zhao.cpri@gmail.com.  

Yours truly,

Jing Zhao

Enclosure: Stockholder proposal, Letter of Twitter shares

Stockholder Proposal on Public Policy Committee

Resolved: stockholders recommend that Twitter, Inc. establish a Public Policy Committee of the Board of Directors to oversee Twitter's policies and practice that relate to public policy issues including human rights, corporate social responsibility, charitable giving, political activities and expenditures, foreign governmental regulations and international relations that may affect Twitter's operations, performance, reputations and stockholders value.

Supporting Statement

Twitter has become the most used public policy platform in the US (such as @realDonaldTrump) and the world (including political dissidents in China even where Twitter is blocked to operate).  And the world becomes more and more connected by smart phones and other mobile equipments.

On the other hand, “[o]ur board of directors has established an audit committee, a compensation committee and a nominating and corporate governance committee” (Notice of Annual Meeting of Stockholders 2017, p.16).  There is not a committee to deal with public policy issues affecting our Company’s business.  Since “[d]uring fiscal 2016, our nominating and corporate governance committee held 1 meeting” (Notice of Annual Meeting of Stockholders 2017, p.17) only, the nominating and corporate governance committee did not deal with public policy issues. 

Microsoft established Regulatory and Public Policy Committee in 2012 (partly responding to my proposals, which I withdraw).  On the other hand, Yahoo had continuously rejected my public policy (human rights) proposals until its end (see my proposals to Yahoo 2011 and 2013 shareholders meetings, to Verizon 2017 shareholders meeting and to Altaba 2017 shareholders meeting).

It is time that Twitter should establish a committee to deal with increasingly complicated public policy issues.

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2015: 别再去轻薄A股
2014: 供过于求 全球油价跌至4年最低点