设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:股民甲远古的风
万维读者网 > 股市财经 > 帖子
Proposal #6 to 2014 NetApp Stockholders Meeting
送交者: 比较政策 2014年08月08日21:52:26 于 [股市财经] 发送悄悄话

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/NTAP/3319849387x0xS1193125-14-280484/1002047/filing.pdf

NETAPP, INC.
495 East Java Drive, Sunnyvale, California 94089
NOTICE OF ANNUAL MEETING OF STOCKHOLDERS
To Be Held Friday, September 5, 2014

PROPOSAL NO. 6

STOCKHOLDER PROPOSAL

Jing Zhao, ..., Pittsburg, CA 94565, the beneficial owner of shares of the Company’s common stock valued at $2,000 or greater, has given notice that he intends to present a proposal at the Annual Meeting. In accordance with SEC rules, the following is the complete text of the proposal exactly as submitted. The stockholder proposal includes some assertions that we believe are misleading. We have not addressed all of these assertions, and we accept no responsibility for the stockholder proposal.

Shareholder Proposal on Establishing a Public Policy Committee

Resolved: shareholders recommend that NetApp, Inc. (the Company) establish a Public Policy Committee to assist the Board of Directors in overseeing the Company's policies and practice that relate to public policy including human rights, corporate social responsibility, vendor chain management, charitable giving, political activities and expenditures, government relations activities, international relations, and other public issues that may affect the Company's operations, performance or reputation, and shareholders’ value.

Supporting Statement

The Company currently has four committees: Corporate Governance and Nominating Committee mainly to “assist with director nominations“ (2013 Notice of Annual Meeting p.12), Compensation Committee, Audit Committee, and Strategy Committee which “assists the Board in fulfilling its responsibilities relating to the development, articulation, and execution of the Company’s long-term strategic plan, and the review, evaluation, and approval of certain strategic transactions” (2013 Notice of Annual Meeting p.14).  There is no committee to deal with the increasingly complicated public policy issues.  For example, in the dynamic Pacific Asia region where the Company has heavy business, the Japanese government has utilized the Tiananmen Tragedy of China in 1989 to abandon its own peace constitution, which is the cornerstone of Asia’s peace after WWII, towards rearmament, militarization and fascism to mislead the U.S. under theU.S.-Japan Security Treaties to crash with the rising power of a nationalisticChina.  Although the Japanese government signed the G-7 Summit declaration in 1989 to protect Chinese students, I, as a graduate student in Osaka University organizing Chinese democratic and human rights activities in Japan, was persecuted because I refused to collaborate with the Japanese government to betray my fellow Chinese students (refer to Japan’s second largest newspaper Asahi’s interviews with me on February 10, 1990, October 20, 1992 and June 8, 2009, and my article “The Betrayal of Democracy: Tiananmen's Shadow over Japan,” Historia Actual Online. ISSN 1696-2060. 2004. Issue 4 Volume 2).  On the other hand, the public is concerned of recent media coverage of manyU.S.companies bribing Chinese high officials to obtain business deals inChina.  Without a public policy committee, it is very difficult for the Company to legitimately and ethically deal with today’s complicated international affairs affecting our business.  For this reason, and partly to respond to my proposal, Microsoft established such a committee in 2012.  Let’s follow the industrial leader to establish a Public Policy Committee too.

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2013: 吴迪:中国离利率自由化还很遥远
2012: 那些年,我们在美国炒楼炒股