设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:
万维读者网 > 美国移民 > 帖子
条件绿卡两年后到期
送交者: Peter93 2015年01月31日12:02:49 于 [美国移民] 发送悄悄话

Is It True that the Conditional Green Card Will Expires after Two Years?

Question:

My son and I have U.S. Green Card based on my marriage to U.S. citizen husband. We are now conditional permanent residents.

Is it true that the conditional Green Card will expires after two years for my son also, unless necessary steps are taken?

Answer:

Because of the concern of the marriage being likely to be shams, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will review the validity of the marriage based Green Card, by initially making the new immigrant a "conditional," not "permanent" resident. Aliens who obtain permanent residence (Green Card) based upon a petition filed by a U.S. citizen spouse may be subject to conditional residence status for two years.

The conditional residency will expire after two years. Before the expiration date, the immigrant will have to apply for permanent status. The application process involves proving that the marriage is ongoing, and supplying further proof  that the couple is truly establishing a life together.

This also means that the conditional Green Card will expire after two years, unless the Form I-751 is filed and approved. This allows the USCIS to double check and reassess whether the marriage was real at the time of its inception.

This same conditional grant of permanent residence is extended to children who obtain permanent residence based upon the marriage of that parent to a U.S. citizen, when the marriage is less than two years in duration. If the parent's marriage is not real, then the children of the alien can not obtain any immigration benefits as the result of the marriage. 

http://www.greencardfamily.com/citizenspouse.htm

http://www.greencardfamily.com/question/question2015/Conditional-Green-Card_013115.htm

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2014: 《EB-3》美国雇主担保移民介绍
2014: 美国移民排期:2014年2月亲属移民排期