简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:
万维读者网 > 美国移民 > 帖子
领事处理 - 另一个美国绿卡的主要途径
送交者: Peter93 2015年08月24日08:11:37 于 [美国移民] 发送悄悄话

Consular Processing - Another Primary Path to Green Card of United States

Question:

USCIS has approved my Form I-140 - Petition for Alien Worker, but my H-1B visa has close to 6-years limit and the immigration visa number is not available for me at this time.

Therefore, I cannot file Form I-485 application inside U.S to get my Green Card. What is my solution? Please help!

Answer:

There are two primary paths to U.S. permanent resident status (a Green Card). USCIS Form I-485 application of adjustment of status is a process by which an eligible person, who is already in the United States, can apply for U.S. permanent resident status without having to return to his/her home country to complete the processing of Green Card application.

Another primary path to U.S. permanent resident status is called "Consular Processing." An foreign person who is the beneficiary of an approved immigrant petition, such as Form I-140 approval or Form I-130 approval,  and has an immigrant visa number immediately available may apply at a U.S. Department of State (DOS) consulate abroad for an immigrant visa, to come to U.S. and be admitted as a permanent resident. Thus, this pathway is referred to as “consular processing.”

The first step in consular processing is to determine if you fit into a specific U.S. immigrant category. Many immigrants become eligible for a U.S. Green Card through a petition filed by a family member (Form I-130 approval) or U.S. employer ( Form I-140 approval). The employment based immigration categories require the U.S. employer to file a Form I-140 - Petition for Alien Worker. The family based categories require that a U.S. citizen or permanent resident relative file a Form I-130 - Petition for Alien Relative.

If the immigration petition is approved (Form I-140 approval or Form I-130 approval) and if you are the beneficiary of the petition and living outside the U.S., USCIS can send the approved petition to the Department of State’s National Visa Center (NVC) for consular processing, where it will remain until an immigrant visa number is available.

http://www.greencardapply.com/question/question15/Consular_Processing_081015.htm

http://www.greencardapply.com/i485.htm

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2014: 一来:小说《林美叶》