简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:
万维读者网 > 美国移民 > 帖子
联合提交USCIS表格I-751与麻烦的的婚姻
送交者: Peter93 2017年01月03日12:06:27 于 [美国移民] 发送悄悄话

Joint Filing USCIS Form I-751 with Troubled Marriage

Question:

I married to a U.S. citizen husband, and now I am in a difficult situation of failing marriage. We are in the process of divorce, can we still file USCIS Form  I-751 filings jointly?

Answer:

USCIS Form I-751 can be filed by a couple jointly, even it they are legally separated or in the process of divorce. But USCIS will review these Form I-751 applications carefully, because there is a potential indication that the marriage may not have been real at its beginning. 

In these I-751 application cases, the USCIS may issue a Request For Evidence (RFE) asking for response in certain time. This RFE will request a copy of documentation proving termination of the marriage, and a request to have the joint petition treated as a request for a waiver of the joint filing. This allows the alien applicant to obtain the waiver, if the marriage has been terminated, without having to re-file the I-751. 

If there is no response to the RFE, or the response does not establish that the marriage is terminated, the USCIS will adjudicate it as a joint petition. The result will depend on the evidence of real marriage. The I-751 application case may be forwarded to a USCIS field office for an in-person interview to determine if the marriage was real at the time when the couples entered into the marriage. It is often the case that a marriage is genuine at the outset, but ultimately does not survive.

http://www.greencardfamily.com/question/question2016/Form_I751_Troubled_Marriage_121216.htm

http://www.greencardfamily.com/citizenspouse.htm

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2013: 美国投资移民面试中经常出现的问题