分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
Great Wall of China, Beijing(北京万里长城)
送交者: 天边的红霞 2020年05月07日07:11:06 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

2015-08-24

Great Wall0001.JPG

Aiden in English

You simply can’t go to Beijing and NOT go to the Great Wall. It is the very fact that a lot of people come to Beijing every day.

The Great Wall is one of the most famous spots in Beijing. The most popular sections are known as Badaling and Mutianyu, respectively. And the Great Wall of China is spinning 21,196 km/13,171 miles so that no one would walk the entire route up to date. The majority of the tourists just decide to pile up in one place: Badaling Great Wall. With hundreds of thousands of tourists coming here, the area at the foot of the Great Wall sort of became a shopping center. Stores of all kinds lined the streets, yelling so many advertisements that I thought I was walking through one of those operas my mom enjoyed. 

Instead of taking the cable car, which turned out to be a mistake, we started from to bottom. Now here’s something I wanted to know. As I looked at the endless rules of the Great Wall, how did troops get from one place to another quickly? The Great Wall seems like a wave, rising and falling. At times, there would be a 60o slope and no stairs. Back then, there wasn’t even a handrail! One thing it did have though was a natural AC. On one side, the outward walkway that the troops were defending had vents for pouring hot water or something. But at the same time, it became a vent only for air in a hot midsummer. At the height it was built, the Great Wall had natural breezes coming from the north. The wind was caught in the vents and channeled through the holes, providing a cool blast. The fresh air was well needed with the density of the tourists here. And people tended to slow down and built up many bottlenecks in different areas. The 60o slope and the hundreds of steps after were exactly where mass conjunction occurred. People pushed, shoved, yelled, and screamed. The only way to see anything a foot in front of you was to look at the ground. Tourists were shoulder to shoulder, and unfortunately, some people were coming back too. Soon, there was a slow trickle of a single file of people who inched out of the enormous mass. 

After trying to push ahead, I finally decided to leave it. I’ve seen the Great Wall of China and walked on it. Now, I have proof. As I made my way down though, I surely saw that it was only that section which was blocked. In fact, a few of beacon towers away, the Great Wall was absolutely empty! Well, it didn’t look as if I was going to get there anytime soon.

Beijing has a lot of places to visit. However, every tourist just needs proof that they’ve been to the Great Wall, don’t they?! With that said, I now have proof of scaling the Great Wall of China.

【红霞译文】

但凡到了北京,你舍不得不去长城,这已成为不争的事实,而每天从四面八方进京的人潮源源不断。

长城是北京最著名的旅游景点之一,其中最受青睐的一段分别为八达岭长城和慕田峪长城。众所周知,万里长城横贯21,196公里/13,171英里,迄今恐怕无人徒步走完全程,而绝大多数游客慕名前往八达岭长城观光。这么一来,数以万计的大队人马蜂拥而至,长城脚下顿时变成购物中心,挨门逐户的商家店铺忙于招揽生意,吆喝声此起彼伏,令我恍如步入妈妈热衷光顾的歌剧院内。

我做了一个错误选择,不是乘坐缆车登高望远,而是决定千里之行始于足下。现在摆在面前的是诸多登山须知,此时我心如乱麻,究竟怎样才能灵光地从一个地方移至另一个地方?长城地势好像波浪一般上下起伏,有时坡路陡峭得高达六十度,并且毫无任何台阶而言,要知道从前甚至连个扶手栏杆都没有,天然空调倒是唾手可得。登山大军挺进的路边设有喷热水器或类似装置,但同时在三伏天里,水汽早被蒸发只剩下热气了。随着高度增加,长城北面吹过习习微风,微风刮到喷气孔后被分散开来,送来些许凉意,尖峰时刻高密集群体需要的就是新鲜空气。登山者有意放慢脚步,无形之中沿途各地又形成了大大小小的瓶颈。前有六十度坡路,后有数百级台阶,这种路段成为交通拥挤的重灾地区,人们推推搡搡吵吵嚷嚷,唯一能看见的地方就是自个儿脚下毫厘方田。游客之间你碰我我蹭你,“屋漏偏逢连夜雨,船迟又遇打头风”,恰在这个时候有人逆行而下。说时迟那时快,少数人竟然冲破重围扬长而去。

眼见前行努力未果,我终于打起退堂鼓。不到长城非好汉,现在我完全可以自诩天下豪杰。归途上,我发觉堵就堵在自己撤退的地方,实际上后面几个烽火台人迹全无,但天晓得猴年马月才能爬到那里。

北京有很多值得参观的地方,然而人人都信奉不到长城非好汉,不对吗?!言必信行必果,我说到做到登上了万里长城。

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2019: 有人要哭了。