设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
Christmas Eve Celebration @ CGCC(神州基督教会平安夜)
送交者: 天边的红霞 2020年05月11日07:54:25 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

2015-12-24

Aiden in English

A family tradition means it happens every year. I wish that definition would change and say not ‘every’ but ‘sometimes’. This year, another family tradition on Christmas Eve was set to China Grace Christian Church (CGCC). As usual, it was going to be another tradition for me.

It wasn’t just me that thought it was going to be a similar performance to last year. The Church program had a bunch of shows, nativity skit, music offering, prayers, hymns, and anything that is related to God. Most of my friends all were prepared if they weren’t performing. Obviously, phones had horrible battery life. Screw Apple! With the night just starting, one of my buds was already relying on my iPad for fun and the ability to stay awake. I wasn’t quite used to the dim lights in the nave which fit the occasion but to keep my friends alive, I had played some games on my iPad from time to time, and even that was limited since there apparently had to be no Wi-Fi available. So, it was the regular, old-fashion Angry Birds. Of course, I happened to attract a crowd of youngsters. Two kids that sat in front of me had their backs turned on the stage to watch us. Whenever the show had us stand to hymn, one of them would always stare back at us.

The show every year revolved around the same idea. We talked about how Jesus Christ was born on Christmas and sang the same songs as they did every year. The first few years were cool, but since I didn’t perform, I got tired extremely of them fairly quickly. As for the next four years, I starred in two shows, if you counted five-minute performances a show. Except for those years, I felt quite lame although I messed up a lot on both performances. This year, sitting with my friends, it wasn’t so fun since the trio I was regularly with was missing a person, and we were forced to stay in the auditorium. For Thanksgiving in the last month, we even were allowed to play Manhunt outside. After that event, my friend’s mom made sure we were always in the light of the church. Next year, I’m totally ditching him.

Every year the best part of the Christmas celebration was the potluck food. However, the annual dinner is not annual anymore. So, my favorite part of the night is now poof! Disappeared. Yeah, yeah, you might say Aiden, you’re so fat! Well, actually, the virus I just got over eliminated 15 pounds/6.8 kg of fat, and my stomach shrunk to the size of a walnut. Like I couldn’t even eat a slice pizza, I was always starving coming into every meal. At least there’s still dessert after the celebration.

Christmas is a time for fun, sports games, and giving. Well, this year is the same as ever. We say all these things, but how many of those actually come true? Heck, I have hardly gotten a Christmas present from Santa Claus for two years now! At least the NBA games are nice.

【红霞译文】

家庭传统涵盖岁时节俗,我反倒情愿这种定义有所更新,与其年年往复,不如时而进行。今年又一个家庭传统首推宾州神州基督教会平安夜,对我而言,这将是又一个踵事增华的家庭传统。

并非我一个人认为今年的节目与去年的表演大相径庭,教堂安排了许多才艺表演、圣诞小品、儿童献诗、经书祷告、崇拜唱诗以及其它与神灵有关的庆祝活动,所有朋友早已做好演出以外的各项准备。显然手机电池太不给力,“苹果产品”实在可气!随着夜幕降临,其中一位哥们的雅兴与神志状态完全取决于我手中的iPad,再说我自己也不习惯主厅内微弱的灯光,无疑这种设计对教堂恰到好处,欲求这些年纪轻轻的同伴保持头脑清醒,若不间断地调动iPad发挥奇功谈何容易,然而凡事都有两面性,因为教堂没有无线上网,我只好顺手拈来那款玩得烂熟的益智游戏《愤怒的小鸟》,无意之间吸引了一大群小不点们的注意力,前排两位毛孩索性掉过身来背对舞台,每当全场起立唱诗,他俩当中的一位照样死盯着我们后排不放。

每年庆祝活动都围绕同一主题进行,大家畅谈圣诞节耶稣诞辰,反复吟唱赞美颂歌。开头若干年叫人耳目一新,我因不参与表演,所以在整个过程中极易犯困。接下来四年,我先后两度献艺,每次露面仅有五分钟而已,其实不登台便罢,如若上场免不了洋相百出。今年我跟朋友并排而坐,感觉少了点什么,原来我们三侠客当中有一员无故缺席,况且大家必须留守大厅,不像上个月感恩节允许外出放风客串“侠盗猎魔”,打那以后,朋友的妈妈再三叮嘱我们严守教规,看来明年我得离他远点。

以往每次圣诞联欢最抢眼的当属各家自备的拿手菜肴,然而从现在开始,节日聚餐已成为过去式,我所热衷的食品“噗”的一声!消失得无影无踪。是也好,不是也罢,有人或许会说:“儿歌,你这么胖!”实际上,最近由于罹患病毒感染,我已狂甩15磅/13.6斤肥膘,胃口也缩到核桃大小,以至于强塞不进一片比萨饼,难怪每到吃饭的时候我肚子总是饥肠辘辘,幸亏庆典结束之后尚有甜点宵夜可供我打打牙祭。

圣诞节的到来拉开了娱乐、球赛以及奉献之序幕,今年将一如既往,人们往往信誓旦旦,然而究竟有多少梦想成真?哎哟,迄今我已连续两年未收到圣诞老人的节日礼物!好在美职篮伴我度过美好时光。

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2019: ------------------------------------
2019: 刘鹤该给川爷和美国贸易代表播放这个