简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
一被联邦特工打中头部的波特兰母亲的声明
送交者: 一草 2020年07月29日09:59:56 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

一位被联邦特工打中头部的波特兰母亲的声明

AADC 

PORTLAND, OREGON - JULY 27: Federal police face off with protesters in front of the Mark O. Hatfield federal courthouse in downtown Portland as the city experiences another night of unrest on July 27, 2020 in Portland, Oregon. For over 57 straight nights, protesters in downtown Portland have faced off in often violent clashes with the Portland Police Bureau and, more recently, federal officers. The demonstrations began to honor the life of George Floyd and other black Americans killed by law enforcement and have intensified as the Trump administration called in the federal officers. (Photo by Spencer Platt/Getty Images)

一位被联邦特工打中头部的波特兰母亲的声明

编译:Maggie L

2020年7月28日

Maureen Healy的声明, 2020年7月22日。
即时发布

从6月份开始, 我就和家人,朋友一起参加波特兰地区的支持”黑人的命也是命”的和平抗议活动。

我今年52岁,是一位母亲,也是一位历史学教授。

我昨天又到城里参加抗议活动,表达我作为一个美国公民和作为一个俄勒冈州波特兰市的居民的意见。这是我的家。我的抗议活动是和平的。那么,为什么联邦军队在周一晚上对着我的头开了一枪?

我当时正和一大群普通人在一起, 有成年人,青少年,学生,母亲和父亲们。在我看来,这就是我们这个城市的缩影。”黑人的命也是命”的口号声引导着人群平静地从司法中心,走过苹果店的壁画。有些游行者还唱着歌。我们在喊口号,喊着那些被警察无辜杀害的人的名字。我们在壁画前静立。

我想要,也会继续行使美国宪法民权第一修正案赋予我的言论自由的权力。联邦军队被派到我的城市来镇压这些和平的抗议活动。我并没有损坏联邦财产。我只是站在一群至少有一千人的普通人中间。我站在公共场地。

除了是一个波特兰的居民,我还是一个历史学家。我的专业是欧洲近代史,尤其是德国和东欧的历史。我给学生讲课的内容包括法西斯是怎么在欧洲崛起的。

我的职业训练和多年的教学, 使我很了解历史上(欧洲)是怎样从一个充满活力的民主制度滑坡到屈服于专制制度的。联邦军队不加区别地向我们国家的普通百姓开枪。我们正站在滑坡上。

当我在急诊室,终于(在催泪弹后)有机会喘一口气时,我才真正明白,是我的政府打伤了我。我自己的政府。我不是被一个毫不相干的人在街上打伤的, 我是被一个联邦执法人员扣动扳机,把一颗子弹打入我的头颅的。

被打伤后,所幸有几位医护志愿者帮助了我。他们之中,至少一位是玫瑰果军医集体的(Rosehip Medic Collective)。为了避开催泪弹,他们让我迅速地进入了停在附近的一辆面包车里,为我包扎了头部,又把车开到了几个街区之外。从那里,我被家人转送到了急诊室。我很感激这些医护志愿者对我的帮助,以及他们高超的技术和难以置信的善良护理。

我们必须把话题回到”黑人的命也是命”。警察对黑人的残酷执法是在我的城市和全国爆发的和平抗议活动的真正主题。发生在我身上的事情不算什么。和黑人每天从执法者(大部分是当地警察)那里所遭受的相比, 我的遭遇不值一提。这就是为什么我们一直在抗议。这也是为什么我会继续参加游行。

英文原文:

Statement by Maureen Healy, July 22, 2020
For Immediate Release

Since June, I have been attending peaceful protests in Portland neighborhoods in support of Black Lives Matter. I have gone with family and friends.

I am a 52-year-old mother. I am a history professor.

I went downtown yesterday to express my opinion as a citizen of the United States, and as a resident of Portland. Of Oregon. This is my home. I was protesting peacefully. So why did federal troops shoot me in the head Monday night?

I was in a large crowd of ordinary folks. Adults, teens, students. Moms and dads. It looked to me like a cross-section of the City. Black Lives Matter voices led the crowd on a peaceful march from the Justice Center past the murals at the Apple store. The marchers were singing songs. We were chanting. We were saying names of Black people that have been killed by police. We observed a moment of silence in front of the George Floyd mural.

I wanted to, and will continue to, exercise my First Amendment right to speak. Federal troops have been sent to my city to extinguish these peaceful protests. I was not damaging federal property. I was in a crowd with at least a thousand other ordinary people. I was standing in a public space.

In addition to being a Portland resident, I am also a historian. My field is Modern European History, with specialization in the history of Germany and Eastern Europe. I teach my students about the rise of fascism in Europe.

By professional training and long years of teaching, I am knowledgeable about the historical slide by which seemingly vibrant democracies succumbed to authoritarian rule. Militarized federal troops are shooting indiscriminately into crowds of ordinary people in our country. We are on that slide.

It dawned on me when I was in the ER, and had a chance to catch my breath (post tear gas): my government did this to me. My own government. I was not shot by a random person in the street. A federal law enforcement officer pulled a trigger that sent an impact munition into my head.

After being hit I was assisted greatly by several volunteer medics. At least one of them was with Rosehip Medic Collective. To take shelter from the teargas I was hustled into a nearby van. Inside they bandaged my head and drove me several blocks away. From there my family took me to the ER. I am grateful for the assistance, skill, and incredibly kind care of these volunteer medics.

We must take this back to Black Lives Matter. Police brutality against Black people is the real subject of these peaceful protests that have been happening in my city and across the country. What happened to me is nothing. It is nothing compared to what happens to Black citizens at the hands of law enforcement, mostly local police, every day. And that is why we have been marching. That is why I will continue to march.

0%(0)
0%(0)
  因为你参与暴乱、参与反文明反人类的可耻活动。  /无内容 - 北美朋友 07/29/20 (76)
  在全部犯罪人口中,近一半是黑人 - gooddday 07/29/20 (104)
    滚! 你这劣等的,还假装学佛?有你这么学佛的么?王八蛋!  /无内容 - cnoversea 07/29/20 (90)
        本大教授一P当关:美国不可能得新冠的!—— pifu01  /无内容 - oops 08/01/20 (126)
          就你还“数字事实”呢——不过看你等狗咬狗很好玩哎!  /无内容 - oops 08/01/20 (133)
        这伪装学佛的王八蛋贴啥数据无意义,是叫这混蛋滚!  /无内容 - cnoversea 07/29/20 (83)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2019: 跟着北极博后面说两句
2019: 我是不是早就教过你们物理博士啥都不知
2018: 中国没有西方朋友,因为不可能有
2018: 某些人为何急于替美欧签订自贸协议?