版主:紅樹林
萬維讀者網 > 五 味 齋 > 帖子
你永遠記得聽聞JFK被刺殺你當時在做什麼
送交者: Pascal 2020年11月21日23:18:44 於 [五 味 齋] 發送悄悄話

你永遠會記得 整整57年之前的今日 —— 

1963年11月22日星期五 —— 

突然驚聞美國總統約翰·菲茨傑拉德·肯尼迪

遇刺身亡那一瞬間 你當時在哪裡 正在做什麼

Came home after half day of Kindergarten and discovered that my sixth birthday party was canceled, and everyone was crying…

— Russell Martin

我在幼兒園才過了半天就回家了,我六歲的生日聚會取消了,

家裡所有人都在哭泣 ......

— Cindy York Pursley

那一天我才一歲半,媽媽哭着跟我說話,我啥也不懂。

Came home from school for lunch, turned on the TV – then I remember coming out and telling my father “someone’s been shot – they say they are giving him blood transfusions” – I was 11 and I remember it so clearly.

— Heather Anne

Watching TV and folding my youngest’s diapers when Walter Cronkite broke in to announce the news of JFK’s death.

— Jeanette Tito

I was a sophomore in French class at a Catholic HS in NJ. It left me numb for days.

— Dorothea Petrosky

I was in chorus class. We heard the school principal announce over the intercom that President Kennedy was shot and was dead. We spent the entire class period in silence and shock.

— Joanne Setzer

I remember I couldn’t watch my favorite cartoon shows because every channel was covering the tragedy.

— Rolfe Eric Tikkala

I was a 20-year-old marine stationed in Japan and got the news about 0500 when awakened by another marine crying in the bunk next to me.

— Jim Roberts

I was three, my mother was crying, asked why and she told me the President was killed, I asked… “What’s a President?”

— Dann Marceau

Was in 6th-grade class (Mrs. Harbison). The principal came on the speaker & told us to put our ‘books and pencils’ away. Elsberry, Missouri.

— Linda Elaine Stamper-Foss

Commuters reading of John F. Kennedy’s assassination. Credit: Carl Mydans/Time Life Pictures/Getty Images

I was in the principal’s office and his secretary told me to tell my second grade teacher that the president had been shot. I told Mrs. Smith but she didn’t believe me.. On the bus going home adults were crying openly and I’d never seen that before.

— Gayle Black

Dismissed from school as a 2nd grader, I came home to tell my mom that the President had been shot and she didn’t believe me. We went upstairs to turn on the B/W television and hear the news…

— Rudy Nyhoff

I had been curbside for the parade and was able to smile and wave at the President as his car passed by. I was inside a nearby 5&10 about 20 minutes later, when a woman came in crying and screaming “the President’s been shot.” We raced to the street and my most horrifying memory is the sound of hundreds of police sirens coming from every direction in that canyon of tall buildings. It was so frightening and so very, very sad.

— Dianne Taylor

I was 10 years old living in Kaiserslautern, West Germany. We received the news about the assassination of President Kennedy that evening. We were watching the American TV channel out of Ramstein Air Force Base. My father was with the U.S. Army 11th Calvary, at the time. He called his company commander and was told to report to his mechanized unit. He then told my sister and me to put on our long johns and lay out our winter clothes on the bed. My mother put a small suitcase by the entry door, just in case we had to evacuate. We didn’t know if the assassination was a prelude to war. I remember watching out the window that cold winter night and seeing the other soldiers starting their cars and driving to their units.

— Ralph Rodriguez

I was in my classroom in Jr. High School. The teacher stopped the lesson and told us she had just gotten an announcement from the school office that she had to share with us. I will always remember that moment that changed our country and took away my innocence about the world… Next class was gym class. But we didn’t get changed for gym. We just stood in the locker room and cried.

— Janet Shapiro

0%(0)
0%(0)
標 題 (必選項):
內 容 (選填項):
實用資訊
回國機票$360起 | 商務艙省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出爐:海航獲五星
海外華人福利!在線看陳建斌《三叉戟》熱血歸回 豪情築夢 高清免費看 無地區限制
一周點擊熱帖 更多>>
一周回復熱帖
歷史上的今天:回復熱帖
2019: “歧視”也有合理性