分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
Personal Statement(个人陈述)
送交者: 儿歌荟萃 2021年04月30日13:28:15 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

2021-04-21

【Aiden in English】

“It’s down to your vote, Aiden.”

I stared at the Science Olympiad President, fingers thumping away under my desk. I glanced back at the two options: my friend and the other final candidate.

I voted for the more qualified option.

Later that day, the officers told my friend that the decision for the vacant Secretary position was a nail-biter and that she was a superb candidate, but things didn't fall her way. I gave her a slight punch on the shoulder. “Don’t worry about it, Rhea. You can contribute to this team just as a competitor just as much.”

I consider myself a team player: I do what’s best for the team. In my first official year on the Science Olympiad roster, the best description of my role was glue. Working with many veterans, I filled in holes where our team needed help to maximize my usefulness, particularly engineering events where we lacked materials and hands.

Thus, when standing at the fork road between Rhea and her competitor for the Secretary position, I cleared my mind of any perceptual sets in place and attempted an unbiased decision. I concluded that one would serve as a better leader and followed the decision that would benefit the team as a whole rather than myself.

Penn State and Schreyer dedicate their resources to education on a global scale; diversity in people and opinions fill Penn State campuses. Thus, my position as the glue will aid my ability to succeed, as bringing people together into a team will create a more positive, creative, and productive environment that benefits everyone. I will not put my position first; instead, the success of others will dictate my own.

【红霞译文】

“儿歌,这下看你的投票。”

我凝视着科学奥林匹克主席,手指搁在桌下轻弹,接着重又看了一下两个选择:我朋友和最后一位竞选对手。

我投给更能胜任者。

当天晚上,头头们告诉我朋友填补秘书空位的竞争难解难分,尽管她表现出众,但选举结果却事与愿违。我轻拍了一下她的肩膀:“瑞亚别担心,你同样能以参赛选手的身份为本队做贡献。”

我自视为团队合作者:努力为团队服务。记得首次加入科学奥林匹克队的那年,用黏性形容我所表现的角色特质毫不为过。与许多久经沙场的老选手并肩作战,我靠发挥自己的优势来弥补团队的不足,尤其在工科项目我们缺乏材力与人力的情况下。

因此,当处在瑞亚及其竞选秘书职位的交道口间,我排除内心感性杂念,争取做出公正判断,有人更适合当干部,而我服从指挥,一切从大局出发不计较个人得失。

宾州州立大学和希瑞尔荣誉学院将其资源用于全球化教育,校内人才济济且各抒己见,正因如此,我的亲和力有助于本人职业生涯,因为只有把大家团结起来才会共创一个更加积极、更具创造力、更强生产力的人文环境,而且大家都能从中获益。我不会把自身利益放在首位;相反地,他人成功将成就我的进步。

Today in History(历史上的今天):

2018: Yo-Yo and Friendship(空竹与友谊)

Yo-Yo @ 2017 Lansdale Intl Fest(2017年兰斯代尔国际节抖空竹)

2013届光华毕业生(2013 GHCS Graduates)

2016-02-20_Pennbrook MS-40001.JPGPennbrook MS Math Count Team 

(宾溪初中·数学竞赛队 06/202/2016)

Crosslink(相关博文):

12th Grade(高中四年级)

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制