分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
Why Columbia Univ.?(为何选择哥伦比亚大学?)
送交者: 儿歌荟萃 2021年05月05日09:29:19 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

2021-04-26

【Aiden in English】

〖Why are you interested in attending Columbia University? (200 words or fewer)〗

While I thoroughly enjoy teaching a writing class and hosting investment conferences, I usually find myself tackling problems of the past: helping a struggling student in grammar or providing basic financial literacy neglected by the public education system. Columbia University, which is dedicated to diverse perspectives and an enriched education, provides a unique path forward: the Economics – Political Science major. This combination of economics and political science offers real-world courses about trends, changes, and leadership that are impossible to find in other undergraduate programs. Between ECON GU4370 - Political Economy and ECON GU4710 - Finance and the Real Economy, these courses approach the future and where America is going, tackling problems of tomorrow. 

I would love the opportunity to study under Professor Harrison Hong. His more recent works on climate finance such as “Climate Risks and Market Efficiency,” which discusses the under-reaction to the effects of drought on food supply, fascinate me. Through understanding financial climates and economic trends, and promoting creative, innovative solutions that move us forward, Columbia University would provide me with the chance to not just help others today but rather in the future as well.

【红霞译文】

〖你为什么热衷哥伦比亚大学?(200 字以内)〗

在满腔热忱教授写作课及主持投资会议的同时,我发觉自己通常都在处理过去遗留下来的问题:帮助遇到语法困难的学生或者填补公校系统金融教育的空白,而致力于多元文化高等教育的哥伦比亚大学却独辟蹊径:经济学—政治学专业兼顾经济学和政治学两门学科,注重发展趋势、变化和领导力等实用教育,是其它本科课程不可能涉略的内容, ECON GU4370(政治经济学)和 ECON GU4710(金融与实体经济)课程着眼于未来,直面美国今后发展问题。

我期望有机会师从洪礼祥教授。最近他在气候融资方面著书立说,出版了《气候风险与市场效率》,我非常喜欢其中就干旱对粮食供应影响反应不足而进行的讨论,只有了解金融气候和经济趋势,才好推动促进我们发展进步的创造性革新方案,想必哥伦比亚大学培养我不仅着重今天为民服务,更有放眼将来急人之困。

Today in History(历史上的今天):

2014: Spring Soccer Game II(春季足球之二)

2019-04-22_Volunteering-20001.JPGKey Club @ Memorial Garden

(纪念花园·钥匙俱乐部义工劳动 05/01/2019)

Crosslink(相关博文):

12th Grade(高中四年级)

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星