设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:纳川
万维读者网 > 天下论坛 > 帖子
Sick and tired of Password?
送交者: 江灵飏 2021年04月12日22:03:25 于 [天下论坛] 发送悄悄话

If you happen to think that passwords are a bunch of hassles, you might want to access your i-gadgets biometrically. Here is how:

Windows Hello

Make sure that you have at least one Windows Hello-ready piece of hardware in your device. You need it for configuration. These are options available to you: Windows Hello Face, Windows Hello Fingerprint, as well as Windows Hello PIN.

macOS (Macintosh Operating System)

Apple would like you to get hooked on their MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. Please ignore the sales pitch. You don’t need both. Either one is good enough with a Touch ID sensor above the keyboard, which is already a built-in feature of today’s Apple laptops. Make sure that you don’t mind fingerprinting yourself.

What if you have to wear gloves all day long for some reason? Keep the probable trade-off in mind.

If you are better-off, materially speaking, than everyday Joes and Janes, then by all means invest in an Apple Watch. Small is beautiful, they say.

Android

Yes, the A-word again. Android actually expects every phone user to succumb-- sorry, subscribe--to its charming tech. Indded, Android vows to take good care of all those password-haters out there. Let's say you have a Google Pixel phone. All you need to do is take a look at the main Android Settings app and pick a Security option (e.g. Face Unlock) for configuration. Ditto Samsung phones. All set. You are on your way. Give yourself a big hand!

iOS (Mobile Operating System)

Is the model of your iPhone a plus or a minus as a passcode-free device? This hardly a question these days. I would be shocked if your dream iPhone doesn't have iOS, which gives either Face ID & Passcode or Touch ID & Passcode. Just make up your mind which suits you better, lifestyle-wise, before you dig deep into your pocket.

Closing remarks

Security is like a lockbox. You need a key to open it. Meanwhile, you need to keep your key secure, but you don’t want to keep your key in another lockbox. To address this dilemma, biometrics may work wonders for you. Still, I won’t say goodbye to my passcodes. For your high-priority stuff, you need both biometrics and passcodes. Keep your options open. Never succumb--sorry again, subscribe--to Hobson’s choice.

--- Lingyang Jiang

biometrics-is-driving-security-main.jpg

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖