分類廣告
版主:納川
萬維讀者網 > 天下論壇 > 帖子
xpt: 讓人民更有尊嚴還是要有尊嚴的人民?
送交者: xpt 2010年02月13日11:02:05 於 [天下論壇] 發送悄悄話
讓人民更有尊嚴還是要有尊嚴的人民?

By xpt
2-14-2010
[Please feel free to copy, email, and pass on to others and to other media].

I did not read the entire speech by the Primer Wan, instead I saw many overly exuberant reactions from good Chinese ("讓人民更有尊嚴"令人感奮!http://news.xinmin.cn/rollnews/2010/02/13/3655527.html). Yes, China is changing, in certain ways. People have food to eat, more colorful cloth on their back, and have bigger space to speak out more freely. But still by nature, China is still a country still tightly gripped by the age-old thinking, and lagged far behind in civility, culture, and ideology. Let me point out a few things in this short sentence made by the Primer Wan and cheered by billions: " 讓人民更有尊嚴"

First is 尊嚴. In English 尊嚴 means dignity and respect. If you have dignity, you get respected for what you are and what you have.You do not have to be the same as everyone else, but your way is respected. Then you have dignity. I am not sure if Mr. Wan has the same meaning in his 尊嚴. From what I can gather, his 尊嚴 means more that people have more and better material life. How about the rights of thinking differently, the rights of freedom of speech, the rights of freedom of association, the rights of vote and rights of selection of their own ways of live,... Clearly, those are not on his mind. He is creating an euphoria for the Chinese people by feeding more to their stomach and pockets, and at the same time muffling their mouth and dulling their brain.

Second is 更. Using the word 更 means there was not sufficient 尊嚴 now and in the past. But we hardly hear anyone from the government acknowledge that Chinese people 少了尊嚴。 This is a usual tactic by this regime since 1949. They never admit their failure and mistake. Only thing they say is "更". Saying 更 could make Chinese people happy.  "See how great our country is. It is progressing and we will live 更好!" What they did not know is that they were beaten to the ground and tramped on by the government over and over, not the government said, "not you can get up 更高." But you are still on your knee!

The third is 讓. It seems to Mr. Wan that 尊嚴 is not Chinese people's intrinsic, God-given right. It is a gift from Chinese government. You can only have it by "讓". I felt a bit funny when reading the article "讓人民更有尊嚴"令人感奮". Chinese people must be the best people on earth! When someone took what you have and then comes back saying "Let me give it back to you. Not the whole thing, but just a bit.", then Chinese people get happy, exuberant, and 令人感奮!

China is changing but far more needs to be done, not by the government but by the people.
0%(0)
0%(0)
標 題 (必選項):
內 容 (選填項):
實用資訊
回國機票$360起 | 商務艙省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出爐:海航獲五星
海外華人福利!在線看陳建斌《三叉戟》熱血歸回 豪情築夢 高清免費看 無地區限制
一周點擊熱帖 更多>>
一周回復熱帖
歷史上的今天:回復熱帖
2009: 俺發現軍事天地的點擊率已經大幅領先天
2009: 為什麼我們懷念毛?