简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:大川
万维读者网 > 加国移民 > 帖子
普通移民的移民故事系列(五) 转贴
送交者: 胡扯一族 2005年12月21日14:40:02 于 [加国移民] 发送悄悄话

多伦多比上海的生活更艰难

Life is tough everywhere, but why I feel tougher in Canada than in China

(When you are reading this article, you will say: look, how funny the English writing is, this is the reason why you have no job here. But if you have opportunity to live in China, three years passed, you maybe can not write a short essay. Nevertheless when you can write down only several beautiful Chinese characters, peoples will praise you truly that: Oh, how great are you! Is this different?)

More than three years ago, our family-my wife, me with our 3 years old son landed Toronto with a great longing for a bright future in Canada. When we found it very hard for us to have a stable job and living here, we went back to China.

Three years past, we came back to Toronto. Our second lovely son was born here. But this time I must bring him back to China, and leave the old son here, the brothers will be separated around the earth。

WHY? This is the question we asked our self more than once a day.

Before coming to Canada, I had worked for a national architecture & engineering institute with over 500 engineers for 8 years, and operated my own consultants firm successfully for 3 years in the largest business city of Shanghai. Then I was invited to join a real estate company invested by Americans as Director and General Engineer, the company has more than 1000 acres Hi-tech AG-Bioscience Park to develop. Under my leadership, only one and half years, the overall design finished and an international conference center, a state-of-the-art headquarter, two 390,000 sq-ft ecology multi-use buildings constructed. So I believe in my own competence for finding a job here.

Inspired by the growing economy of Canada, I and my wife, she is a senior editor graduated as a master from a famous foreign university in Shanghai, keep in searching job here: post our resumes in the website, delivered to numerous companies, asked our relationships to introduce for us, dropped the varied intermediary offices…but finally we received respond most like this:” After reviewing your resume we have determined that although your skills and experience are very impressive they do not match our current requirements. We thank you again for your continued interest in XXX and wish you much success in your future endeavors.” We were told that, we must work as a labor first, to lift goods in the factory or anything but no professional job.

We know that we lack of north-America experience, have to improve English skill, and trained more, but the abilities we do have are over basis requirement, we have experience to cooperate with Canadians, Americans and Europeans. Even though it is not enough, but if we have no chance to enter in, how can they judge we cannot? We felt that, in fact, most of them really dislike to even give us a chance to take a try only. Do the society really want us just work as labors forever? I think the answer is: “YES!” in their mind, only for they are shy to speak out.

We were not born native, we sometimes offend your culture by fault, we short your experience, and we are color…BUT
Maybe we have world wide experience, we are improving every day to practice as a good manner man, the professional experience will be more useful than only English fluent, and we can richer you multi-cultural…

If one ignores we possess and that we are exerting ourselves, then is he/her a hypocrite?

We are appreciated for the kind smile from your face, but we are also need your truly help when we are struggling for the life, can you? What the answer will be?

We immigrated here because we are professional men under your government’s ????uation; but landed, discovered we are nobody! Where is the “kind” and “congratulation” gone? Where is the hope gone? Where is the you honor generous gone?Where is the basis fair gone? Where is the conscience gone?

I had been worked hard to promote myself. I spent more than 40 hours with little sleep to prepared a full and accurate data economy analysis English speech of China for a local energy company who has business in China, but when I finished the lecture, no one gave me a cup of water, they looked like as it was what I should do for them, even no any pay; I dropped in a famous firm here once by once, because they want eagerly to make money from China, I can do help, the result is I should bear all the cost travel back and travel in China to explore the market for them, if they made money,I will have my commission, then maybe consider my job application; I gave lectures on the real estate market comparison research for the communities by free successfully, at the end, no one showed even a little solicitude for our unemployed situation, someone conversely to lobby me buying house, buying insurance and so on, I was confused that if a hen have no food to eat, can she lay eggs?
I have made great efforts, I have spent a lot of money and energy here for nearly half years, no any gain. What is the problem with me? What is the problem with Toronto? What is the problem with Canada? Only human right are free and no hungry here?

I am thinking if my immigration to Canada is the worst decision I have made?

I am deciding to go back my motherland.

I know that compare with losing dignity of human personality, everything is no meaning;

I know that I can devote all my energy there and be respected as a professional expert;

I know that I can achieve a lot when I do my best, honor be a senior managing director;

I know that a lot of people will be glad to make friends with me, not only just a smile;

I know that a real good country not only gives one free, but great chance to develop;

I know that a lot of immigrates are thinking the same thing like me.

It is time to go back.

I will tell the others the stories in Toronto; let them find the answers for themselves that: whether or not the life is really tougher here for an immigrant? What is the meaning to immigrate to Canada?

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2002: 求知求权更求真
2002: 新西兰基督城的生活