設萬維讀者為首頁 廣告服務 技術服務 聯繫我們 關於萬維
簡體 繁體 手機版
分類廣告
版主:大川
萬維讀者網 > 加國移民 > 帖子
Why I will vote NDP this time around.
送交者: terry 2004年06月02日18:50:19 於 [加國移民] 發送悄悄話

I have been a card carry liberal for the past 8 years, but this time around I will vote NDP.

A) The reasons I won’t vote liberal

• The way Paul martin treated their fellow liberal Jean Chrétien loyalist.
From east coast to the west coast, Paul martin has badly treated all Jean Chrétien supporters; he has put his own people into ridings. He has no regard for some of the people who has contribute decades of their life for the liberal party. One of many examples is Shelia Copps, who has been a member of parliament since 1984, because she was running to compete with Paul Martin for Prime Minister Nomination, She has lost her MP nomination. Her whole family has been a big contributor to the Liberal party over the past 40 years including her father. Now Paul martin has passed the process of competes for nomination all together, he’s pointing people to the liberal nomination post. If he is put his own self interest before his party when he is the party leader, then he will surely put his own self interest before the country if he become the Prime Minister of Canada.

• The scandals have to stop; waste of public money has to stop. As selfish as Paul Martin has demonstrated, he will point people who will listen to what ever he says to the important posts. He has promised to investigate into the sponsor ship scandal before he calls the election, but he canceled the investigation all together. Now, is he the person you can trust to run Canada?

B) The reasons I won’t vote conservative

• Missile defense system. Stephen Harper will support cooperate fully with the US to build a missile defense system, which will cost a lot of money and generate an arms race around the world.
• Stephen Harper’s support for the Iraq war, even at this stage, when the whole world know Iraq war is a mistake, there is no reason for the war, because there are no WMD, even the US is getting out of Iraq, Stephen Harper is still not smart enough to change his stand on Iraq war, to me, he’s either really dumb, or too arrogant to admit his own mistake, either way I will not trust him.

C) The reasons I vote NDP

• NDP’s stand on missile defense system. NDP does not support Missile Defense System

• NDP’s stand on Iraq war. NDP does not support Iraq war; Canadian army should be following UN decisions and not that of the US

• NDP’s stand on building a strong health care. Canada is a great country; one reason is its universal health care. Why Canada is safer than US, one single biggest reason is Canadian Health Care. Doesn’t matter how poor or how desperate you are, you can count on the government to take care of you. You can be a millionaire who lives in the US, you still don’t have the sense of security, if you get sick, and you could be spending all of your life savings to see the doctors.

• NDP’s support for Chinese immigrates. Do you know that in the 1940-50’s there is a strong feeling of stop emigrates from China? Canadians wanted immigrates, but just not Chinese immigrates, it’s the NDP who argued human rights and human equalities for the Chinese immigrate. For all those people who now enjoy immigrating to Canada, I feel we own them a sense of gratuity for what NDP has done for you and me.

• NDP puts people first before paying down the deficit. This maybe hard for a lot of Chinese to understand. Why deficit? If you look south of the boarder, USA. They got huge deficit. But people are still living happily, deficit can be like a bank loan, it’s needed from time to time. I don’t think there is anything wrong with having deficit sometimes, to build up a better community, to build a stronger economy, to put people first for a change. But NDP will put a balance budget first. It just takes a little longer to pay down the debt.

Even with all the support NDP gets, it’s not likely for NDP to form the next government, but I think NDP is just what we Canadian needed for opposition.

I would like to hear what you have to say

0%(0)
0%(0)
標 題 (必選項):
內 容 (選填項):
實用資訊
回國機票$360起 | 商務艙省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出爐:海航獲五星
海外華人福利!在線看陳建斌《三叉戟》熱血歸回 豪情築夢 高清免費看 無地區限制
一周點擊熱帖 更多>>
一周回復熱帖
歷史上的今天:回復熱帖
2003: 當一個女人愛一個男人