设万维读者为首页 广告服务 技术服务 联系我们 关于万维
简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:大川
万维读者网 > 加国移民 > 帖子
J1签证到期后的问题和H-1B批准
送交者: Peter93 2013年06月15日09:13:09 于 [加国移民] 发送悄悄话

Do I have the Status Problem after the J1 Visa Expiration and Before the H-1B Approval?

Question:

As a visiting scholar, my J1 visa will expire at the end of this month. A company wants to hire me as a research engineer, and has applied the H1B visa for me to change the status. Due to the H1B visa yearly gap, the H1B application is pending, and I can work for the company only after October 1, 2013. Do you think I may have the status problem after the J1 visa expiration and before the H1B approval?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer:

To qualify for the H-1B visa approval to change your status from J1 to H-1B in the United States, you need to keep a legal nonimmigrant status on October 1, 2013. Since your J1 visa will expire at the end of this month, USCIS may approve the company's H-1B petition for an alien's worker, but you may not be able to change your status from J1 to H-1B in the United States.

If that situation happens, after the H-1B petition is approved for the employer, you need to travel to your home country to get the H-1B visa on your passport at an U.S. Embassy, and then return to U.S. to work for this company. 

http://www.greencardapply.com/question/question13/question13_0602.htm

www.greencardapply.com

www.greencardfamily.com

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖