简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
GHCS Camp—First Day(光华中文学校夏令营第一天)
送交者: 天边的红霞 2020年04月02日07:18:08 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

2014-07-14

【Aiden in English】

My first impression when I arrived at the summer camp @ Guanghua Chinese School in PA: OH BOY! There were books and books and books. Last time I checked, school will start in 2 months.

As I sat down, a teacher handed me a book in Chinese to read. She said that I should read the first 4 chapters to catch up since I wasn't here for the first session. The chapters looked pretty long, and I wasn't exactly the fastest Chinese reader.

An hour later, I was still struggling to catch up. As I finished, the teacher started Math class. This wasn't the summer camp I expected. When the class finally did something with movement, let's just say that the younger kids loved it more than I did.

Soon, I couldn't take it anymore. Unlike the sports camp at LCHS, we haven't gone outside yet. So, Richard, one of the assistants, took me and another boy my age to the tennis court. That was a bad idea because both of us were horrible.

Just as we got back, everyone was ready to go outside. Talk about perfect timing. When all the kids came out, the little princesses who populated 90% of the camp had a ridiculous game of Simon Says. I thought that it became the most remarkable game ever since once or twice a girl shouted: "Simon Says Slap Aiden!" Ouch!

As a matter of fact, the camp was not as bad as I thought earlier on. Only thing is that it should cut off the learning and add more playtimes, probably have games for older kids like me. The other girls are also annoying, but what can I do about it? There just them, so I perhaps should begin to respect them a bit.

【红霞译文】

我来到宾州光华中文学校夏令营的第一印象就是,哦,我的妈呀﹗书、书、书,书海茫茫。记得我最近一次查证时间,距离返校开学之日还有两个月之久。

我刚坐定下来,老师便递给我一本中文书籍,并告诫我说, 因为我未参加上期夏令营,所以应该了解已经教过的前四篇故事,迎头赶上落下的知识。这四章文章篇幅很长,而我确实不是那种能够以最快速度浏览中文的读者。

一个钟头过后,我仍在苦苦追赶。等我念完规定故事,老师又开始灌输算术,这可让我始料不及。好不容易挨到伸胳膊撂撩腿活动筋骨时,我才发觉怎么也无法调节情绪像小不点们那样欢蹦乱跳。

不久,我憋得透不过气来,跟自个在兰斯代尔天主教高中参加的运动夏令营大相径庭,这里户外活动尚未实施。随后,助手理查德带我和另一位与本人年龄相仿的男孩一起去打网球,这主意也不咋的,因为我俩的球技半斤八两,一概臭不可闻。

我们刚从网球场回来,大家已做好出外活动的准备,赶得早不如赶得巧。等全体营员芸集操场,占据夏令营90%人口的公主小姐们开始玩起叫人哭笑不得的“我说你做”游戏,我认为这是空前绝后最令敝人抓狂的闹剧,一位黄毛丫头竟不止一次地厉声叫嚣﹕“我说你来扇儿歌的耳光﹗”哎哟,欺我太甚﹗

实际上,光华中文学校夏令营并不像我开始担心的那样,唯一需要改进的是,应该减少学习时间,增加娱乐份量,安排一些适合像我这样大儿童玩的游戏。有些女孩子们过于矫情,我能有何法子﹖既然非得正视她们,我或许应该大度宽容才是。

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2019: 五四100年,为什么依然不知道尊重科学
2019: 好了好了, 全美53专业智商大公开, 物