简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
Two Summer Camps(两种夏令营)
送交者: 天边的红霞 2020年04月03日17:46:42 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

2014-07-21

Aiden in English

Finally, I returned to the sports camp in LCHS. The learning, the singing, the dancing, all left behind without hesitation. Now sports are on the menu, I don't have time for those things the girls love the most.

At the summer camp of Chinese School, there was less variety of activities available to boys. Reading or learning was number 1 and having fun always came second. In contrast, other than not dehydrating, fun became the most important here. And when we have fun, we play like there is a school tomorrow. Reading and learning is unheard of.

In addition, the Chinese camp wasn't as rough as LCHS'. Here a few bruises or cuts aren't anything major. At Chinese summer camp, a little sore ended you up with sitting down by yourself. That's why I don't think Chinese summer camp would fit for any boys.

Boys are meant to get hurt. No pain, no gain. We should probably be manned-up and don't get overprotected. If we aren't gonna grow as boys like LCHS, and then there is a problem.

【红霞译文】

终于,我又回到了兰斯代尔天主教高中运动夏令营,立刻将学习、唱歌、跳舞统统置之脑后。如今运动主导一切,我根本没有时间顾及那些让女孩们欢呼雀跃的玩艺。

中文学校主办的夏令营供男生选择的娱乐项目有限,读书学习一向首当其冲,趣味性活动永远占据第二位。相反,在运动夏令营里,只要身体尚未出现失水虚脱,趣味性活动绝对成为头等大事,我们玩到乐不思蜀,不仅学校遥不可及,而且读书宛若天方夜谭,闻所未闻。

还有一点,中文学校不像兰斯代尔天主教高中那样在意阳刚之气。在运动夏令营,磕出点青划破点皮算不了什么﹔而中文夏令营则不同,只要稍感不适就要坐下来休息,这就是为什么我觉得男生不大适合如此娇气的氛围。

男孩应勇于面对碰壁,一分磨难,一分收获。我们要长大成人,因此不该过分受到呵护。如果不能像兰斯代尔天主教高中培养我们成为男子汉大丈夫,其中必有问题。

2014-07-19_Gertrude Hawk Chocolates0001.JPG

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2019: 哲学教会人们思维,数学把思维形式化,