简体 繁体 手机版
分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
GHCS Camp─Last Week(光华夏令营最后一周)
送交者: 天边的红霞 2020年04月08日10:40:24 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

2014-08-25

Aiden in English

Today it begins with my last week of 9-week long summer camp. There was a huge change for me. No more games, no more sports, just learning and that kind of ... of ... junk. I know! There is learning in summer. No way. But that's what we're pretty much doing at Guang Hua Chinese School (GHCS) Summer Camp.

As much as it sounds bad, it's ... worse. From today on, the Montgomery County Community College we used to go to was taken for its fall semester. So now, we were cramped in a tiny room with a projector and no electricity whatsoever in China Grace Christian Church. In fact, we're now best friends with little creepy crawlies and oh boy, there are a lot of them.

Other than the learning and gross room, it wasn't too bad. We had Chinese Yo-Yo in the hallway, played Chinese Chess with folks, and practiced Chinese Kung Fu outside.

Sometimes, you just have to live with what you got because you might not have any at all.

【红霞译文】

自今天起,我前后九个星期的夏令营将进入最后一周,其间发生了天翻地覆的变化,没有游戏可玩,不再进行体育锻炼,仅仅将学习排到议事日程上来,还有垃圾,我懂得分寸!学习与暑假两者本是互不相干的两个概念,但宾州光华中文学校夏令营却偏偏把它们融合在一起。

比这更糟糕的还有,从即日起,我们以前借用的蒙哥马利郡社区学院因其秋季开学而被占用,最后一周夏令营本部只好临时挪至神州基督教会,小了吧叽的房间缺电憋曲,还有学习任务。实际上,咱从此以后更要跟那些到处乱爬的蜘蛛打成一片,哦天呢,它们可谓气势浩大。

除了学习中文和叫人心里发毛的房间之外,其它一切倒蛮不错的。我们可以在走廊里抖空竹,坐下来杀盘中国象棋,到外面学打中国功夫。

有时候,人得学会知足,珍惜现有的东西,因为有总比没有强。

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖