分类广告
版主:红树林
万维读者网 > 五 味 斋 > 帖子
本定理就刘晓波获诺卑耳和平奖在纽约时报的留言
送交者: 定理 2010年10月08日17:55:52 于 [五 味 斋] 发送悄悄话

匆匆写就,凑合着看吧。

theorem

USA

The Nobel peace prize committee had already used up all its credits when it awarded the peace prize to President Obama last year, just to get a slap on the face when Obama told them in the acceptance speech that he would escalate the Afghan war.

Awarding the Nobel peace prize is just to buy the airtime with a million dollars to make a political statement. That I understand. What puzzles me though is how come the committee members are so near-sighted. The fiasco of awarding the prize to Obama, who by that time had only talked the talk and yet to walk the walk, is merely one of many.

I think Liu has done a courageous job in advocating openly for radical political reforms in China while not hiding away outside China - whether or not the radical reform he advocates is feasible in current China is a separate issue, but Liu's courage under pressure is admirable. After being awarded the peace prize, however, Liu would need a lot more courage and a better judgement to not be used as a pawn by some interest groups that do not see themselves benefit from a peaceful relationship between the West and China.

Talking about world peace, it is really hard to deny the fact that the Chinese government, however unpopular it appears, has done a tremendous peace-enhancing job in integrating the Chinese economy with the world. The economic interdependency thereby created makes it a lot more costly to wage a war between the major powers nowadays than say after the Great Depression.

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
回国机票$360起 | 商务舱省$200 | 全球最佳航空公司出炉:海航获五星
海外华人福利!在线看陈建斌《三叉戟》热血归回 豪情筑梦 高清免费看 无地区限制
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2009: 直言:打架、看客和不出头文化
2009: 谈点别的吧。嘿嘿。我想把打羽毛球的精