分类广告
版主:英豪big-apple
万维读者网 > 高山流水 > 帖子
《O mio babbino Caro》
送交者: 千橡 2008年04月08日12:51:22 于 [高山流水] 发送悄悄话

From a friend of 千橡

O mio babbino caro

Source: Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

O mio babbino caro ("Oh my dear daddy") is an aria from the opera Gianni Schicchi (1918) by Giacomo Puccini. It is sung by Lauretta after tensions between Schicchi and his prospective in-laws have reached a breaking point that threatens to separate her from Rinuccio, the boy she loves. It provides a contrasting interlude expressing lyrical simplicity and single-hearted love in the atmosphere of hypocrisy, jealousy, double-dealing and feuding in medi???? Florence and provides the only set-piece in the through-composed conversational musical give-and-take. It became an immediate sentimental favorite and has entered the non-operatic musical mainstream as a classic Italian song.

Among the more famous sopranos who have performed this aria are Sarah Brightman, Maria Callas, Sissel Kyrkjebø, Charlotte Church, Montserrat Caballé, Anna Netrebko, Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, Dame Elisabeth Schwarzkopf, Hayley Westenra and Angela Gheorghiu. Violinist Joshua Bell also has produced a recording of it on his album Romance of the Violin. The rock group East Village Opera Company covered the aria and transformed it into an R&B-styled arrangement.

Libretto
Italian

Translation in English

O mio babbino caro
Mi piace è bello, bello
Vo'andare in Porta Rossa
a comperar l'anello!
Sì, sì, ci voglio andare!
e se l'amassi indarno,
andrei sul Ponte Vecchio,
ma per buttarmi in Arno!
Mi struggo e mi tormento!